Life After Emery Begins

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aussie_gunner123, Sep 18, 2019.

?

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

1. Yes, he's been my first choice from the start

20.0%
  2. Yes, even though I preferred other candidate(s)

57.0%
  3. No

23.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Martinelli Dembele Pepe

Yummy.

2. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

What is Jovic like if Arteta is for the long term we need deals like this.

3. Eaststander74

Eaststander74 Jury Lite II

[​IMG]

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  4. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Unlike the Özil situation, Auba has been consistent and if you can, throw the kitchen sink at him, sell Lacazette and Özil in order to keep him.

Even with his new wages, he'd still be someone you could sell for 40 million even on said astronomical wages.

OnlyOne and Garrincha like this.
  5. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Zaha Dembele Pepe

6. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

0 headed goals
    5 contested headers won this season
    1 assist
    Literally walks around up front

Ashley barnes would be a better fit for us right now.

7. OnlyOne

The only way Auba stays is if we win the EL.

8. Eaststander74

Even now with the highly vaunted, if unproven Arteta, about to be trusted with a big project?

I suppose for some, it might not seem as exciting as when Emery took over, because we hadn't experienced a new guy failing in over 30 years! Now we've had Emery go to **** and Freddie not really improve much in the short time he had, and failing to find a fix again is a very real and scary reality for them. Don't blame you for being pessimistic at all. I'm sure it'll be different this time though. I'm confident big decisions and correct decisions will be made this time.

OnlyOne and blaze_of_glory like this.
  9. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Honestly I just need to stop posting on here so early in the morning. Never in a good mood

Eaststander74 and OnlyOne like this.
  10. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Not a fan of Arteta coming in, but if he made some exciting signings in January, the belief might come back.

Emery did a good job of clearing dead wood. Arteta has a bit more rubbish disposal to do and a general spring clean.

Hleb's Sirush and Tony's nose like this.
  11. OnlyOne

You need a good coffee, also start making your bed in the morning and it'll cheer you up!

12. Eaststander74

Go back a few pages and get some coffee recommendations. It's all here in this thread :lol:

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  13. Eaststander74

:lol:

14. Squillaci

Squillaci Member

To me, it looks like Arteta has a clear vision of what he wants to do.
    It could be that the board wasn't meeting his expectations the first time and now they realize they made a mistake.
    He looks like a authoritative figure and I am looking forward to that.
    Bringing Borrell with him makes me look forward to the future finally.
    We have a lot of youngsters that need good guidance.

Lets get rid of entitled primadonnas and finally have players playing effectively and with passion.

bingobob and shootxhakashoot like this.
  15. shootxhakashoot

shootxhakashoot Özil lives rent-free in my head

Yeah unfortunately I agree re AMN, just don't think he cuts it at rb and obviously managers don't fancy him in the middle either.

16. OneAW!

OneAW! Active Member

How much do you guys think Kroenke is paying this "Gurjit" to take the heat of himself and the board and place it on the players?

EDIT: Lets get rid of "entitled primmadonnas", meaning expensive world class players. The narrative is once again being rebuilt to not only take the heat off Kroenke and encourage his favourite past time, being a cheapo. Remember when Wenger had lost it and badly needed to be replaced..? If only we could get rid of Wenger; wait for the stadium to be built; wait for the debt to be repaid; wait for the new sponsorships to kick in; wait for the youth project to reach maturity; form a British core; stop hiring youth... everything will be magically fine!

How much longer will Arsenal fans fall for this nonsense? Ten bucks says we are worse off after we sell all these 'entitled primmadonnas', just like we were worse of once Wenger was sacked.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  17. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

It was terrible window mate. Props to you spotting the holes. We then went on and signed close to 10 players. Almost a whole starting roster. And the problems are even bigger now. It only equals to that our transfers windows have been terrible. I dont know why I attack just last two windows maybe I was hoping Raul could do something better but the problem actually starts with that window were we signed Xhaka and Mustafi but the last two windows with new regime failed in every way. Rubbish transfers windows.

18. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

No way Auba renews, he wants to win things in rest of his career.

19. shootxhakashoot

shootxhakashoot Özil lives rent-free in my head

It could have been different I think if players were on board and he could have got his ideas over. Lack of English and inability to stand up to some of the supposed "big" players at the club I think took it's toll as well as some horrendous work in the transfer market. Clear out needed and start with the keyboard warrior clowns. The whole spine of the team needs to be gutted and replaced.

20. Kingslayer

Kingslayer Forza Milan

About the same as he's paying NASA to hide the evidence that the Earth is flat and that the moon landings were faked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.