Life After Emery Begins

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aussie_gunner123, Sep 18, 2019.

?

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

1. Yes, he's been my first choice from the start

20.0%
  2. Yes, even though I preferred other candidate(s)

57.0%
  3. No

23.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Finally the mail decided to get people clicking on an article with the least bit of truth to it.

American_Gooner likes this.
  2. Riotof91

Riotof91 Member

****ing arteta when we couIdve had anceIotti, aIIegri or mourinho is criminaI
    arteta is being brought in because he is a cheap option and a yes man for the board, its a pathetic unambitious signing that certifies arsenaI downgraded future
    finished cIub as Iong as the kreonkes are here

3. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Anyways, bit rich coming from City given their history with us.

They can kindly **** off. Hopefully Barcelona come in for de Bruyne at one point.

4. Jackie_Treehorn

Jackie_Treehorn Well-Known Member

Tbf, you’re like a shining ray of hope compared to most of these new posters acting like football is life.

5. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Whats the mystery? Form and tactics go out the window in these derbies sometimes and you just ride the energy. Happened in the 2-2 this season too.

The rest of the time you feel it was the combination of weak players and weak coaching.

6. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Could Never Wifey An Opp Thot

Can't believe we're actually gonna hire Arteta and you dummies are happy about it.

Beksl and Riotof91 like this.
  7. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He is neither cheap nor a yes man

8. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

This is the most disgusting Arsenal squad I have seen. Said it under Emery and I’ll say it again, no characters, no leaders, social media merchants, plodders etc.

The only guys who get a pass are probably Leno and the kids.

9. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

He’s the same height as @OnlyOne so surely you should love him!

10. BigPoppaPump

You give me n0nce vibes I've been meaning to say it for a while.

Riou and GDeep™ like this.
  11. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

We don’t have a choice, just like under Emery.

Alan Smith and Ian Wright seem pumped for Arteta,

12. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

And you have been a supporter since 1996, when this club was founded, so you know what you are talking about!

13. smashed

smashed Member

I would take Pep even if it mean giving away Auba in exchange. Therefore I guess this could be a good result.

Pros:
    Has been working under Pep day and night. He literally knows the full Man City / Barca way to play.
    Has worked under Arsène and knows the "Arsenal Way"
    Speaks enough languages to get through to the whole squad.
    Is an intelligent, classy guy.
    Seems well liked by all.

Cons:
    Has not proven himself as a manager. (noob).

That said, even if Pep himself came in it would take a fair amount of time (and money) to catch up to the squad level and tactical understanding that City already have..
    Back to Top 4 within 18 months has to be considered very successful.

Squillaci likes this.
  14. BigPoppaPump

As much as I love and respect Ian Wright I try not to listen to his opinions too much.

I'll give Arteta a chance but until this squad is cleared out and we get actual good players I don't see how an inexperienced manage will be able to set it right.

15. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Are your l's broken?

16. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I think some of you are bots attempting to make some kind of sense but are failing

American_Gooner likes this.
  17. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

So glad it is Arteta, and not some Ancelotti or Allegri, or even worse: Jose

sykesy69, Tosker and Eaststander74 like this.
  18. Moah

Moah Well-Known Member

Arteta should start axing all those lazy idiots in the team. As he said if they don't perform 120%, they don't deserve to be here. If he starts by cutting off the big heads, he won't have trouble with the others.

Emery went back and forth with his decisions and it cost him his job. Arteta should be here with the license to kill.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    Raicore and TakeChillPill like this.
  19. ChefMan21

ChefMan21 Well-Known Member

The lack of leadership in the squad though was never an unknown - it's been there for years, and it's just disappointing that so few of our major players have really stood up to be counted.

I remember - as I'm sure many of you do in your own careers - the times where someone has left, or there's been redundancies, or a restructure, or a death and you've had to be that rock for a young team. I also remember those same people when I was young.

I can't imagine Vieira or Adams putting up with poor attitudes, as I couldn't with people like Milner, Gattuso, and de Rossi. You need those people not just to win things, but to keep things together.

Squillaci and Slartibartfast like this.
  20. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Think that will be his first task, overhaul the squad.

Don’t think we’ll finish top 4 for a few more years while we develop a new team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.