• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
If Arteta is appointed, he'll be under tremendous pressure. If there's no improvement in 1 year he's out. Wenger was given a lot of time, because of his contribution to Arsenal. Arteta won't be treated with as much patience. In fact if we do really bad I think he'll get sacked by Christmas.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
There should be a fan protest before Arteta comes. Its a pity that there aren't any matches being played now, so that there's really no effective way for conveying the fan opinion. Guess we could do twitter protests or something.

LG10

Arteta will improve our possession and pressing, that's for sure. Not that that's hard to do. Will be nice seeing subs before the 70 min mark as well. Also, if we're winning a game by a small margin, I doubt he'll take off attackers and replace them with full backs to try and hold on.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
Pep had been away for 7 years. I think Pujol and Xavi were the only ones left by that time and he was much farther removed from being their former teammate than Arteta.

Puyol and Xavi pretty big stars...if Guardiola could manage them, then I guess Özil, Ramsey can be risked with Arteta. He was their captain anyway for a bit.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
When Arteta made his final appearance for us, I remember Alexis very deliberately seeking him out to pass to him in front of goal, instead of taking what would have been an easy shot himself

Alexis is not known for unselfish gestures, or making friends, so that spoke to me of a genuine respect and comradeship for Mikel

hopefully others in the team will feel the same

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

When Arteta made his final appearance for us, I remember Alexis very deliberately seeking him out to pass to him in front of goal, instead of taking what would have been an easy shot himself

Alexis is not known for unselfish gestures, or making friends, so that spoke to me of a genuine respect and comradeship for Mikel

hopefully others in the team will feel the same

Fairly sure a lot of the players spoke very highly about Arteta. I don't think he'd have a problem gaining the respect of the squad. They are all professional.

TriniGunner

Mikel Arteta in 2014

“I want the football to be expressive, entertaining. I cannot have a concept of football where everything is based on the opposition.

“We have to dictate the game, we have to be the ones taking the initiative, and we have to entertain the people coming to watch us. I’m 100 per cent convinced of those things, and I think I could do it.

You can have an idea of a system, but you need to be able to transform it depending on the players you have – how much pace you have up front, how technical your team is, what types of risk you can take and whether your players are ready to take those risks.
......“I will have everyone 120 per cent committed. That’s the first thing. If not, you don’t play for me.

That part in bold means he's nothing like Wenger.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
27% here support Arteta and Arteta alone. Undeniable proof.

We must form AIB ...Arteta Is Best ... a smaller minority were able to create the illusion that majority wanted Wenger out, so surely 27% (and rising) can ensure that we have a shot at our own Baldiola, Simeone or Zidane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom