• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
quote-i-ve-always-said-that-you-can-live-without-water-for-many-days-but-you-can-t-live-for-brendan-rodgers-64-20-44.jpg

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Mikel Arteta in 2014

“I want the football to be expressive, entertaining. I cannot have a concept of football where everything is based on the opposition.

“We have to dictate the game, we have to be the ones taking the initiative, and we have to entertain the people coming to watch us. I’m 100 per cent convinced of those things, and I think I could do it.

You can have an idea of a system, but you need to be able to transform it depending on the players you have – how much pace you have up front, how technical your team is, what types of risk you can take and whether your players are ready to take those risks."

That part in bold means he's nothing like Wenger.

You are right he is nothing like Wenger.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
By classy, I mean not a Mourinho or Simeone type figure.

We don't know what Arteta is like as a coach. I think motivation in part comes from implementing effective tactics. As far as primadonnas go, I don't know which players you are referring to to specifically, but do what SAF did and just sell them on...

Simeone would be great

I would have take Mourinho a season or two or three ago, think he has lost it nowadays

We dont need someone for the next 22 years !

We should not aim for someone to revolutionaze us and have spectacular ideas

We need someone for the next 2-4 years that can implement a team cohesiveness, build a solid foundation and some defensive accumen .bring in solid pros not prospects

Top 3-4 minimum
Win the league once and establish us as a CL semifinals contender

Domestic cups be damned

If he then can develop us into greater ,good! if not that is the time you go for someone to transform us

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
A pre-contract. That's before the actual contract with paper and signatures and whatnot. I think the legal term might be 'f*** all' but not too sure. Will ask Huss.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Puyol and Xavi pretty big stars...if Guardiola could manage them, then I guess Özil, Ramsey can be risked with Arteta. He was their captain anyway for a bit.

Pujol and Xavi were part-time role players in their earliest years with the first team when Pep left. They were stars when he came back, veterans and were seven years removed from being his teammate. Not the same thing at all.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
genuine question for those who do not want Arteta - would you be pleased if Ancelotti got the job after all? or would you find it a bit of a let down after all the rumpus surrounding Arteta?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Music to my weary eyes. I don't put any more stock in the Italian football media than the English, but sometimes you have to cling to hope where you can. Carlo has the experience and the gravitas to succeed Wenger and attract players to the club. Top players still want to play for him. I would feel as though they weren't throwing away an opportunity to build on all the attacking talent this club has and would have a shot at getting right back into the top 4. Hiring someone such as Arteta over someone like Ancelotti simply would not make sense.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
well, seven years then is like a year these days. memories are much shorter. Its less than a year since won that glorious FA cup, but it seems like it was ages ago.

Pujol and Xavi were part-time role players in their earliest years with the first team when Pep left. They were stars when he came back, veterans and were seven years removed from being his teammate. Not the same thing at all.

If Arteta is the man, like him or not we should back him and give him the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully over time, he will win us over, just like Wenger did when he arrived in 1996.

As someone has said earlier on this thread, this is going to be a very interesting summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom