• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Arteta needs 3 years assuming no disasters. So him not getting top 4 this year shouldn’t result in sacking
Three years for what? Three years to make sure he finished the job of firmly rooting us into lower midtable? Even Tottenham and Liverpool didn't tolerate their managers missing out on top 4 for more than a year despite being Europa league tier clubs.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Good point , if finishing outside the top 4 was allright , why did the board get rid of Wenger ? Answer is it's not okay .
Because we were miles off top 4?

Big ask if you want Arteta to break into the top 4 straight away. That should be his target but you give him a year to get his own team in place.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Three years for what? Three years to make sure he finished the job of firmly rooting us into lower midtable? Even Tottenham and Liverpool didn't tolerate their managers missing out on top 4 for more than a year despite being Europa league tier clubs.

Three years to waste all that attacking talent the club has. That's just enough time for them to get a little past their primes.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Even if we had no manager and the players just went out and played they wouldn’t finish lower mid table ffs

What’s the point in this kind of appointment if you aren’t going to give him some time? How can he take responsibility for a squad that finished 6th last season? If he finishes 5th next season and is closer to the top in terms of points you’d be all for sacking him?

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Three years to waste all that attacking talent the club has. That's just enough time for them to get a little past their primes.
That's exactly right. Realistically, next year will be the last time we are in a touching distance of the rest of the 4 clubs above us in the league. The longer we stay out of top four the more we'll fall behind. Give Arteta three years and it won't matter who we appoint afterwards, we won't come back.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Bigger point margin and goal difference than they'd had the previous two years under Guardiola, so why didn't Pep do better in the one-team league? Nobody seems to think he was a failure there.
Tell me why Carlo had his team looking terrible in Europe and why his players questioned and mocked his coaching?

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Even if we had no manager and the players just went out and played they wouldn’t finish lower mid table ffs

What’s the point in this kind of appointment if you aren’t going to give him some time? How can he take responsibility for a squad that finished 6th last season? If he finishes 5th next season and is closer to the top in terms of points you’d be all for sacking him?
Yes? The only way he should retain the job if he misses out on top four is if he goes far in the cup competitions. Ideally winning one. Just like Wenger.

Our star players will be approaching 30 next season, the longer we mess about the more you'll see us go down the table. Our immediate aim surely has to be only about getting back into Champions League before anything else. Not training Arteta.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Classy Alsatian to classy Basque? Sounds about right, couldn't be dealing with no majority ethnic group bs. After Arteta it's gotta be the Bavarian Nagelsmann (as long as he learns how to wear a suit) or maybe some guy from Cornwall.

I'll make a note in my diary for next summer :)

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Tell me why Carlo had his team looking terrible in Europe and why his players questioned and mocked his coaching?
Tell me why Pep had his team looking terrible in Europe? You are acting like his Bayern didn't get spanked by the Spanish clubs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom