• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Perez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Dunno if he can guarantee you that, he was shocking in La Liga last year. Even if Ings is worse he’s English which helps squad numbers.

Absolute banter transfer by us in hindsight, almost 20 million on a 28 year old poacher who’d had one decent year.

I’m always for signing young English players because there’s always resale value even if they flop. We made over 60M on just Ox and Theo.

Bit harsh to say he was shocking, only second to Messi in chances created for a terrible Deportivo side.

neimad

Bit harsh to say he was shocking, only second to Messi in chances created for a terrible Deportivo side.

Yeah I think he played a lot (if not all) as a winger too. Very low fee. That can't be right but nothing surprises me. There's definitely some pact between all the other clubs chairmen where they've agreed to pay us **** all for players:rolleyes:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah I think he played a lot (if not all) as a winger too. Very low fee. That can't be right but nothing surprises me. There's definitely some pact between all the other clubs chairmen where they've agreed to pay us **** all for players:rolleyes:

Stupidly low fee for quite a talented player. But £4M and 70k a week off the wage books is nice.

Pretty much done then.

Mudi

We selling a guy who easily can score you 15 goals a season for 4M meanwhile ings who only played 15 games going for 24M.
Not comparable:

Danny Ings
- British (HG)
- 26 years old
- £60k/w wage
- Possible selling value

Lucas Perez
- Spanish (non-HG)
- 30 years old
- £80k/w wage
- Probably no selling value

The main questions should be:
- Why on earth did we buy Perez in the first place
- After 6 months evalution, why didn't we sell him immediately? Why not take a quick loss but be not stuck with a player other clubs know we don't want anymore.

Typical Arsenal..

macka66

Not comparable:

Danny Ings
- British (HG)
- 26 years old
- £60k/w wage
- Possible selling value

Lucas Perez
- Spanish (non-HG)
- 30 years old
- £80k/w wage
- Probably no selling value

- After 6 months evalution, why didn't we sell him immediately? Why not take a quick loss but be not stuck with a player other clubs know we don't want anymore.

Typical Arsenal..

You make some valuable points here but then again he has only scored 3 goals for Liverpool and has had probably the same amount of injuries he has then goals.

neimad

- After 6 months evalution, why didn't we sell him immediately?
Why not take a quick loss but be not stuck with a player other clubs know we don't want anymore.

Typical Arsenal..

• He was definitely a panic buy after Vardy.
  • IIRC there were murmurings but only loans as Deportivo are poor and he probably didn't want to go to any Turkish clubs.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Except ox, our sales are rubbish. Lucas for 4 and next ospina will leave for 2-3m to some Turkish club while Sam Johnson goes for 7m and Ward goes for 11m

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I am starting to like West Ham for taking our rejects like Wilshere and Perez!
Gonna buy a West Ham shirt if they come after Elneny!

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Can’t believe we’re only getting 3m from a player we bought for 17. What a joke

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Christ, everytime this story gets updated the fee seems to go down by a mil. By the end it'll turn out we have to pay them to take him off our hands.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
5M we are really seem desperate to sell
Yeah, him being in his last year with us and Depor going down this year really hurt his resale value. I read in an article after we signed Lucas that his dad has a fish cart in London, so I'm guessing if he's still working here, it would be in his interest to remain near him.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Yeah, him being in his last year with us and Depor going down this year really hurt his resale value. I read in an article after we signed Lucas that his dad has a fish cart in London, so I'm guessing if he's still working here, it would be in his interest to remain near him.

Funny. I don't recall saying what you just responded to at all. Even had I wanted to say such a thing, I would have written £5 million, not 5M. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom