• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Torreira and Pepe were our worst performers tonight. Name me one player that has improved under Emery.

blaze_of_glory

Feel for him being played out of position, but I've thought for a while he's not going to nail down a place in the starting lineup with our other options. Been pretty average for most of a year now and from the rumours in the summer he's already missing Italy. Won't be surprised if he's not here next season tbh.

say yes

forum master baiter
He’s a good player but he’s not a creative CM. Guendouzi is rightly ahead of him in the standings, and I can’t see Emery dropping Xhaka.

Sad but I don’t see it working out for him.

Steps

Guy is an amazing distributor who has a motor and can challenge well. Emery thinks these are great qualities to put to use as a CAM. :frustrated:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Clearly uncomfortable being asked to play to high up. The way he was used against Nottingham Forest is how he should be used all the time. Sit at the base of midfield and break up play.

None of this late arrival in the box bullshit.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Clearly uncomfortable being asked to play to high up. The way he was used against Nottingham Forest is how he should be used all the time. Sit at the base of midfield and break up play.

None of this late arrival in the box bullshit.

It’s like he’s playing the Ramsey role from last year, if anything that should be Willock or Guendo doing that.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He has been poor but I can’t judge him while he’s playing this role. It would be like judging Özil on his performances if Emery played him as a DM.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Guy is an amazing distributor who has a motor and can challenge well. Emery thinks these are great qualities to put to use as a CAM. :frustrated:

Emery is definitely not using him right but Torreira is certainly not a great distributor. Regularly hid from the ball last season, and had 14 touches against Napoli form what I remember.

Steps

I won't quite retract my comment but I will admit that I over-stated his ability a bit. I like the guy and don't think he's been used well since he joined the side.

goonerfamily

If Emery insists on playing Xhaka then Willock should start ahead of Torreira. I know he was played out of position today but he's been poor every appearance for a while now.

Exactly, either play him as a CDM or don't play him. If he really doesn't want to play him, then play Willock instead. He's a much better player than Torreira in a more advanced midfield position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom