• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Garra Charrua

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’m most impressed with him on the ball so far

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Difficult really, depends on the overall aim of the midfield, ergo the team. Torreira is a good passer but not quite as progressive as Xhaka - however he's much better at protecting the ball and is a competent dribbler. IMO, it would be better to pair him with someone with real athleticism and secure enough technique to be able to contribute to the attack. You won't have that pure passing and creativity from deep unless you pair Torreira with Xhaka, so if that's your aim then that's your pair. I think for the near future, it should realistically be Xhaka-Torreira.

I'm not sure there's an U23 midfielder I'd put next to him - Willock maybe, but Smith-Rowe would be a better idea - more of an AM but CM could be a good spot for him, he has the physicality. Guendouzi will be the immediate choice for the fans but Guendouzi would have to be just a bit more progressive when passing the ball - he can hit the pass but he's been a bit more reserved since Chelsea. Also, he would have to be a lot better positionally, otherwise Torreira will have the Coquelin problem of having to mark copious amounts of space alone at crucial times.

The partnership I personally want to see is Torreira-AMN. Maitland-Niles is the perfect blend of athleticism and technique and I think there's a lot of untapped potential offensively. A focused Maitland-Niles next to the intense Torreira is a base I want to see.

the end was so predictable :)

Wryer

His passing is so crisp and sharp. No dilly dallying, no tentativeness. He knows where he needs the ball to go to and he has the confidence to execute it quickly.

The assist to Laca was a prime example. It was anything but simple. High risk pass, with a defender in front of him and another by Laca's side.

Defensively I like how switched on he is, always ready to pounce on any loose ball or cut passing lanes.

I would imagine it's language and/or fitness that's keeping him out of the starting 11.

billyf

When he got in he added a lot of mobility in the middle of the park. I believe Emery should start playing him from the beginning at some point. The Xhaka-David Luiz partnership doesn't work that well.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Want to fly a banner over the Emirates demanding that this guy starts. London has serious flying restrictions so it’s going to cost around £5K. Who’s in with me??? :lol:

Stannis

People underate him on the ball.

Plus he is 22 years old, that young for a midfield, his prime is still some time away and that should excite us all

Last edited:

FEH

Great addition to our team and he should become a permanent fixture asap. Done more then Xhaka and Guendouzi already in his cameos tbh.

His personality however, makes him seem less comfortable than others in training. I'm not a fan of the unecessary laughing at **** which isnt even funny we see in the training vids. Theres having fun, then being a tit. We have quite a few tits in the squad.

Torreira reminds me of Sanchez. Wants to improve and win first. Have fun and do silly dances, second. Which is good news for Arsenal.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Great addition to our team and he should become a permanent fixture asap. Done more then Xhaka and Guendouzi already in his cameos tbh.

His personality however, makes him seem less comfortable than others in training. I'm not a fan of the unecessary laughing at **** which isnt even funny we see in the training vids. Theres having fun, then being a tit. We have quite a few tits in the squad.

Torreira reminds me of Sanchez. Wants to improve and win first. Have fun and do silly dances, second. Which is good news for Arsenal.

They do get way too excited about those rondo's, don't they? Like guys, you do it every day, it's just 20 passes in a circle, chill out.

Reactions: FEH

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
They do get way too excited about those rondo's, don't they? Like guys, you do it every day, it's just 20 passes in a circle, chill out.

Maybe they are only excited when there are cameras nearby. You know... the Instagram generation and all...

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Theres having fun, then being a tit. We have quite a few tits in the squad.
Think Arsenal has been way to cozy with the players. It's time to earn the pay I say! Run those ****ers into the ground and starve them on salad leaves!

boyinneedofhumor

I'm most likely gonna be flamed in here for saying below...

When the game starts at 0-0, the 1st 15-20mins players are gonna get into it. "Why not?"
They might use a burst of speed to bypass CM, or lop it over.

I like Torreira from what I've seen so far. I genuinely do.

But dont set yourself to be disappointed because it might be unrealistic to expect him to "carry the team" atm right from the start... it's a team game.

Wryer

Expecting him to improve our attack will be a stretch. It's the defensive side that I feel should give us a significant boost. If anything, Torreira improving our defensive game will indirectly give us better assurance going forward.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Expecting him to improve our attack will be a stretch. It's the defensive side that I feel should give us a significant boost. If anything, Torreira improving our defensive game will indirectly give us better assurance going forward.
Well it has been our number one problem for years now. I suspect it may be enough to get us back in the top four and a platform to build upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom