• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Garra Charrua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
His cameos have all looked fantastic till this point. We need to see him for 90 minutes, I fail to see how he can't improve us- he has such a complete skillset.

Strong in the tackle, timely interceptions, quick, sharp passing, good close control and a good shooter from distance too. It's time for this lad to start now. I think he'll benefit from his easing in period too fwiw.

pikey2000

Not to get too carried away but does his seem Cazorla esque to anyone else but me?

He appears to have remarkable ball control, technique, eye for a pass, comfortable under pressure, sure he isnt as too footed as Santi but he brings an extra defensive ability that Santi didnt, all in all looks a talent.

Really hope to see more of him in the coming weeks.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I believe he does have the potential to grow into a santi-like player, but it's still early so it's upto him to make sure that happens (I've been a bit guilty of getting carried away, but who can blame us after being starved of a Cazorla type midfielder for the last two years).

It's hard not to like what we've seen of him so far though.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
People will attribute the improvement in the second half to him, but for me he wasn't the sole reason (team talk and a slight change of tactics played a bigger part,) and then almost all of his positive contribution came before the Xhaka goal. After that he offered little more than Guendouzi would, and he also made three mistakes, at least one of which was horrible.

No doubt he is rusty, I just won't agree with people attributing all of our second half improvement to him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
People will attribute the improvement in the second half to him, but for me he wasn't the sole reason (team talk and a slight change of tactics played a bigger part,) and then almost all of his positive contribution came before the Xhaka goal. After that he offered little more than Guendouzi would, and he also made three mistakes, at least one of which was horrible.

No doubt he is rusty, I just won't agree with people attributing all of our second half improvement to him.
Of course. But him in Middle givr us more balance more security we can control the game better and he even make xhaka better player

ThlRama

Of course. But him in Middle givr us more balance more security we can control the game better and he even make xhaka better player

Long term, yes. I've stated countless times though that he is rusty and in most of his cameos he's proven me right, he's simply not ready to start yet, not ahead of Guendouzi with his bottomless gas tanks and larger body frame.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I agree.

Now that I've had the time to think about it, I think our line was slightly deeper in the 2nd half, especially after we scored. This made everyone more confident which then made us look better.....

ThlRama

Yeah I agree.

Now that I've had the time to think about it, I think our line was slightly deeper in the 2nd half, especially after we scored. This made everyone more confident which then made us look better.....

He was amazing when we went out all guns blazing, but after the goal we controlled the game so well that it really didn't matter who was there, it could have been Elneny or AMN afaik. And then he misplaced a pass in our defensive third, he defended badly in a Newcastle attempt from their left, and was beaten like an amateur in a counter-attack towards the end. Surely Guendouzi wouldn't have been that much worse, no reason whatsoever to believe the opposite.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

He was amazing when we went out all guns blazing, but after the goal we controlled the game so well that it really didn't matter who was there, it could have been Elneny or AMN afaik. And then he misplaced a pass in our defensive third, he defended badly in a Newcastle attempt from their left, and was beaten like an amateur in a counter-attack towards the end. Surely Guendouzi wouldn't have been that much worse, no reason whatsoever to believe the opposite.

Yeah, but I do think his positioning made a big difference tbh, it also added to making us more confident, but I agree with your point overall.

I jumped to thinking he solely changed that game as I was excited as I watched, but we definitely controlled the game more, due to factors outside of Torreira.

That said, he should start next to Xhaka lol. He must start, then either Guendouzi or Xhaka should start next to him.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Emery on Guendouzi and Torreira:

“I want to give every player confidence,” he said.

“I am very happy with Matteo and also very happy with Lucas. But maybe in the second half we needed a little more balance on the pitch with the positioning. Lucas gives us this balance.”

But, like, don't we always need balance? Why not just have balance all the time, like from the beginning?

Stannis

Emery on Guendouzi and Torreira:

“I want to give every player confidence,” he said.

“I am very happy with Matteo and also very happy with Lucas. But maybe in the second half we needed a little more balance on the pitch with the positioning. Lucas gives us this balance.”

But, like, don't we always need balance? Why not just have balance all the time, like from the beginning?

Emery is like Wenger. He doesn’t crtique his players to the press, especially the young ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom