• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Garra Charrua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Moss is a pretty poor referee, I hate to say. Torreira shouldn't have got a yellow for that foul but the way he controlled himself afterwards was great.

Yeah. I felt his strong tackle was bit unnecessary in the context of the phase of the play. No imminent danger to warrant lunging in like that, which I thought is quite unlike him anyway. Rush of blood. But we definitely need him to remain aggressive.
I watched a few comps of him at his former club and also his country and he was doing the slide tackles and all; stopping attacks that could hurt them and I would say that was among the reasons I fell in love with his game from the start. I feel his agility is part of his game and is what makes him special! Its kinda weird though when you look at his size and compare it with his style of play! Reminds me of that documentary of Mike Tyson when he first came to the limelight!

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
He's looking good early on. Excellent at interception and knowing when to attempt to get in front of their pass reciever. Calm, and reasonably quick over short distances. I think he will be a very good player for us. Can't be doing with cazorla comparisons though. Just doesn't make sense.

uriazu

Decent game, not the best one defensively. I think our two player miedfield is being overrun every week almost.
Not sure our opening line up is balanced at all. To much free space for every team that attacks us through our midfield.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Decent game, not the best one defensively. I think our two player miedfield is being overrun every week almost.
Not sure our opening line up is balanced at all. To much free space for every team that attacks us through our midfield.
I'm gonna cry really, did you even watch the game? Guy is a defensive beast, and on top of that he is very good with the ball at his feat. I literally can't believe that someone watches him playing and says later that it was not best defensively. From interceptions, tackles and positioning, he offered everything, and also ads that ugliness into our game that we lacked before him.
If you want to understand why is our midfield getting overrun, try watch how Xhaka is trying to tackle , and also pay attention for our attacking game that lacks any fluency, thus putting them constantly under pressure.
Yeah, let's not forget Ramsey who is third striker and everything falls on Torreira practically.
I would say that if we had less competent defensive midfielder than Toreirra, this result could've been bad for us.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'm gonna cry really, did you even watch the game? Guy is a defensive beast, and on top of that he is very good with the ball at his feat. I literally can't believe that someone watches him playing and says later that it was not best defensively. From interceptions, tackles and positioning, he offered everything, and also ads that ugliness into our game that we lacked before him.
If you want to understand why is our midfield getting overrun, try watch how Xhaka is trying to tackle , and also pay attention for our attacking game that lacks any fluency, thus putting them constantly under pressure.
Yeah, let's not forget Ramsey who is third striker and everything falls on Torreira practically.
I would say that if we had less competent defensive midfielder than Toreirra, this result could've been bad for us.
Not to mention Cech's superhuman saves in the first half. We were beat at one point if not for him.

uriazu

I dont know what you think I said.
I think he is very good and has lots of potential also but i just think the game against Everton was not him at his best. It´s not a critique that he should be taken out, i think he is miles ahead of the tree that played next to him but I didn´t think he played very well. Neither did the whole team that was it.
The "ugliness" is good and i very much appreciate players willing to put the claws out.
Do you think he had an excellent performance? West Ham were much more dangerous and crossed to our middle several times, of course it's not on Torreira because he plays there alone but if I had to give a rating from 1 to 10 on this game to him i would rate 5-6. The thing that he has that others not is the unstoppable work rate and there he will always get a 10.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Great little interception which lead to the first goal. His defensive workrate is phenomenal. So tidy on the ball too. You just get the feeling he’ll be a huge fan favourite- for his endeavour as well as his quality.

He’ll get better and better as he adjusts to the league. It’s easy to forget he’s only 22. Plenty of room for growth.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Jon Moss' performance sums him up. Gave a foul on Pickford, albeit correctly, from the halfway line even though the foul was in the Everton box. Why was he so far away? Because he isn't fit enough to referee. Most of the decisions he makes are guess work. He sees Xhaka and assumes the worst, not that he ever sees the fouls properly. It'll be the same with Torreira.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Jon Moss' performance sums him up. Gave a foul on Pickford, albeit correctly, from the halfway line even though the foul was in the Everton box. Why was he so far away? Because he isn't fit enough to referee. Most of the decisions he makes are guess work. He sees Xhaka and assumes the worst, not that he ever sees the fouls properly. It'll be the same with Torreira.

Yeah surely Moss has to be in better shape than that to referee. He was running on the spot at times .

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think he ran his mouth at Xhaka for so long, in part, because he needed a few seconds to stand in place. Seems like all the officials had a poor game. Moss being in charge didn't help.
:lol:

It's strange because I couldn't make out the referee but pointed out to my wife that 'some fat dude' is refereeing the game.

Hope he gets in better shape for the other games.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

He sent Xhaka off against Swansea last season or the season before for a nothing tackle.

GoonerBoy19

Yeah couldn't figure out why J moss spoke to Xhaka at length like he did.

Gueye was doing similar fouls for Everton, if Xhaka or Torreria did the same it would have been a card. Nothing against Gueye as I like him as a player but referees must be consistent.

Moss have an image about certain players and its a red card waiting in every game.

seanb85

Agreed. He is the real deal. When you think the hurdles he must have overcome to get to this position. I remember reading an article by an Italian journo who basically said if he was 6ft+ he'd walk into any team in Europe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom