• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Loan Watch

Can Lucas rise above his shortcomings and the low opinions Arsenal fans have of him?

• Total voters

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Really feel for Lucas, he seems like a lovely and quite sensitive guy. He`s had a tough few years. Never really settling in London, losing his place in the team, bad loan spell in Madrid and now losing his mother at a young age. Awful.

Iceman10

Established Member
Torreira saying Boca or nothing is pretty out of order really. Another case of a player thinking Arsenal is a soft touch and can be boxed in.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's done this deliberately to put us in a tricky situation. To come out and say this is definitely a ploy to really force us to try and make the deal happen. It's something that could have easily been discussed in private with the club.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
"I told my agent when my mother passed away that I don't want to play in Europe anymore"

Kind of a weird thing to say, tbh...would you really be thinking about your career so soon after losing her?

Is that quote a really bad April fools day joke or something?

I feel incredibly sorry for his loss, but it kinda sounds like Lucas is using this situation to force a move to a club, which would be a horrible thing to do...really hope that quote isn't true.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
"I told my agent when my mother passed away that I don't want to play in Europe anymore"

Kind of a weird thing to say, tbh...would you really be thinking about your career so soon after losing her?

Is that quote a really bad April fools day joke or something?

I feel incredibly sorry for his loss, but it kinda sounds like Lucas is using this situation to force a move to a franchise, which would be a horrible thing to do...really hope that quote isn't true.
If you lived thousands of miles away from your family, of course. Especially as a guy who's struggled with homesickness for a few years.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If you lived thousands of miles away from your family, of course. Especially as a guy who's struggled with homesickness for a few years.

Hope he can get the move, clearly wants to go back to South America...just a weirdly worded quote, unsure if it's real tbh.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Hope he can get the move, clearly wants to go back to South America...just a weirdly worded quote, unsure if it's real tbh.
The full quote:
“It’s not violent emotion or a crazy decision for my mother. I’ve always said that I wanted to play for Boca. I’m dying to play for Boca and I’ve always said it. If not now, in June. The night my mother died one of the first to receive the news was my agent. I don’t want to play in Europe anymore, I want to play for Boca.

“I want to be close to my home, my family. My contract is with Arsenal and I’m on loan at Atleti but I want to go to Boca. I hope that the clubs agree. I haven’t had a good time personally for two years, without continuity. Arsenal hurt me and Atletico don’t play me as I want. I just want to play for Boca. I’ve already made the decision. I’m doing it for my old man.”

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Should do the decent thing and loan him out unless they can pay a decent fee.

Arsenal have been a scummy club ever since Arsène left though, probably put out a statement saying he’s a baby or some other nasty stuff.

I stand with Torreira.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Take what we can get even in instalments and let him go. I had very high hopes but after six months he just didn't fit. I'm sorry for his loss but he can put his hand in his own pocket to get the move he wants if necessary. If it's a two year loan with a loan fee and all his wages paid, then take that if it's better. Sanlehi was surely up to no good with the prices we paid. Shocking transfer business with LT, Saliba and Pepe o_O

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989
Top Bottom