• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Loan Watch

Can Lucas rise above his shortcomings and the low opinions Arsenal fans have of him?

• Total voters

scytheavatar

Established Member
How many people here are willing to admit Torreira is shaping to become one of our worst signings ever? Fans like to **** on Xhaka yet Torreira can only dream of being half as good as Xhaka. And Xhaka while clearly an egomanic at times never tried to **** with us and force his way out of the club like Torreira. Reminder that Torreira complains about Atlerico not using him yet he was the one who forced his way to Atletico.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
How many people here are willing to admit Torreira is shaping to become one of our worst signings ever? Fans like to **** on Xavi yet Torreira can only dream of being half as good as Xavi. And Xavi while clearly an egomanic at times never tried to **** with us and force his way out of the franchise like Torreira. Reminder that Torreira complains about Atlerico not using him yet he was the one who forced his way to Atletico.
I'll put my hands up to this. I watched him for six months on the recommendation of my Inter friend and thought he would be good for us if he could transfer his form to the PL. Didn't work out abd we actually overpaid to secure his signature. Saliba, Pepe and Torreira is looking worse financially than the Xhaka, Mustafi, Perez disaster :confused:

Iceman10

Established Member
If you lived thousands of miles away from your family, of course. Especially as a guy who's struggled with homesickness for a few years.

I actually didn’t read up the page about the family stuff before commenting earlier, but I still think these things in football accumulate to many millions even if we want to be a classy club, and my patience really ran out with being “classy” after Koscielny left us in the lurch just before a season was about to start.

Reactions: A_G

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
"I told my agent when my mother passed away that I don't want to play in Europe anymore"

Kind of a weird thing to say, tbh...would you really be thinking about your career so soon after losing her?

Is that quote a really bad April fools day joke or something?

I feel incredibly sorry for his loss, but it kinda sounds like Lucas is using this situation to force a move to a franchise, which would be a horrible thing to do...really hope that quote isn't true.
It's because how close is Buenos Aires to Uruguay... He is not happy in Europe, he wants to go back with his family. :facepalm:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes without family he struggle to stay in Europe so best of him he back to south America he know he got no future at Arsenal he not making excuses to move.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Could have just dealt with internally. We will just loan him took boca till he becomes free

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Such sad news.

Losing someone close makes you regret all the time you spent away from them, all the things you didn't say and do. I can understand why losing his mother to Covid, likely not being able to see her or be close to her during her illness makes him want to be geographically near to the rest of his family.

I hope he finds his way to equanimity.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Just very sad altogether, his mental health needs to be taken into account, if he needs to go back to south america to recover his happiness then he should do that. Moving from club to club each year in Europe isn't worth it if you're miserable.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I suppose in situations like this it's made easier by the fact the player and his agent won't demand top level European wages. Wages are so often the stumbling block in transfers. What would Arsenal expect to sell him to Italy for, 10-15m euro, so maybe under force majeure that goes down a bit, 8-10m euro with much lower wages. It's not impossible, maybe Boca have a player we could take the other way.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I suppose in situations like this it's made easier by the fact the player and his agent won't demand top level European wages. Wages are so often the stumbling block in transfers. What would Arsenal expect to sell him to Italy for, 10-15m euro, so maybe under force majeure that goes down a bit, 8-10m euro with much lower wages. It's not impossible, maybe Boca have a player we could take the other way.

Player exchange would be fair for all surely.

Didn’t we get offered good money by Milan in 2019 for him? His value has absolutely tanked since then.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Player exchange would be fair for all surely.

Didn’t we get offered good money by Milan in 2019 for him? His value has absolutely tanked since then.

Professional journalist Eduardo Hagn suggested Exequiel Zeballos, the latest Argentinian wonderkid.

Yeah the whole thing's just very unfortunate, sometimes life just goes that way. He's ridiculed now but people forget the quality he showed in Italy, he played very well and was legitimately a top prospect. We paid a reasonable fee for him, it was a good deal. He just needs to get his life back on track.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Professional journalist Eduardo Hagn suggested Exequiel Zeballos, the latest Argentinian wonderkid.

Yeah the whole thing's just very unfortunate, sometimes life just goes that way. He's ridiculed now but people forget the quality he showed in Italy, he played very well and was legitimately a top prospect. We paid a reasonable fee for him, it was a good deal. He just needs to get his life back on track.

Zeballos :lol:

Is that just going to be Ceballos with a wig and fake moustache?

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Zeballos :lol:

Is that just going to be Ceballos with a wig and fake moustache?

Ceballos, but with more Zee!

F64ADAC2-EDBA-387E-CADDF38F249FEF3F.jpg

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Why would it be fair? Why not they sell their players and pay us cash for Torreira?

Who’s paying big money for Boca players during a pandemic?

The Argentine economy is in the toilet so it’s doubtful we’d be getting any fee for Torreira.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Who’s paying big money for Boca players during a pandemic?

The Argentine economy is in the toilet so it’s doubtful we’d be getting any fee for Torreira.

Then why should be we let Torreira go to Boca? It's not like we are in a good state financially and can allow ourselves to get taken advantage by other clubs.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Then why should be we let Torreira go to Boca? It's not like we are in a good state financially and can allow ourselves to get taken advantage by other clubs.

Because he doesn’t sound like he wants to come back to Europe and the other option seems to be loan for two years then he leaves on a free.

At least this way we get some value back.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
If we sell him for peanuts, better be a 50% sell on fee.

Can't have him having a great season with Boca and then go back to Europe.

I really wish when we are looking to sign players, we give them a Psych evaluation on what their ambition is. He is homesick ofcourse. Shouldn't we be asking some questions to find out his personality? Find out if he has people around him that make it homely?

The key when sign foreigners is to ensure they have someone when they go home to make them happy too. Especially players from so far away.

We treat it like a Boarding school institution.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
If we sell him for peanuts, better be a 50% sell on fee.

Can't have him having a great season with Boca and then go back to Europe.

I really wish when we are looking to sign players, we give them a Psych evaluation on what their ambition is. He is homesick ofcourse. Shouldn't we be asking some questions to find out his personality? Find out if he has people around him that make it homely?

The key when sign foreigners is to ensure they have someone when they go home to make them happy too. Especially players from so far away.

We treat it like a Boarding school institution.

A lot of assumptions there about how we welcome people to the club.

He had been in Europe for a while by the time we signed him and we had plenty of Spanish speaking players when he arrived.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Because he doesn’t sound like he wants to come back to Europe and the other option seems to be loan for two years then he leaves on a free.

At least this way we get some value back.

There's the option of letting him rot on the reserves if he doesn't want to play for us or leave to another club that can afford him........... a contract is a contract, players lose their family members all the time but they cannot expect us to tear down their contract just because of that. Has there ever been a case of a club letting a player break his contract for personal reasons?

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom