• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
This isn't terrible. Torreria doesn't lose Value by going on loan to a top, European club.

I'm not sure he gets into a midfield area as stacked as Atletico's though. Who misses out from Partey, Koke, Saul, Felix, Llorente and Herrera to give Torreria a start?

say yes

forum master baiter
From the Athletic podcast:
  • Deal in finalization stages. A loan with an option but no fee disclosed.
  • Toreirra unsettled wanted to return to a more familiar environment.
  • Club (Edu) respected the player's wishes to join Atletico Madrid.
  • No effect on the Partey deal.
So basically nothing.
Pathetic deal if it’s genuinely got nothing to do with Partey.

Why are we giving these chumps an option? Unless there are heavy financial penalties if they fail to exercise it, it’s a lose-lose.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
This isn't terrible. Torreria doesn't lose Value by going on loan to a top, European club.

I'm not sure he gets into a midfield area as stacked as Atletico's though. Who misses out from Partey, Koke, Saul, Felix, Llorente and Herrera to give Torreria a start?

Herrera.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Pathetic deal if it’s genuinely got nothing to do with Partey.

Why are we giving these chumps an option? Unless there are heavy financial penalties if they fail to exercise it, it’s a lose-lose.

Yeah, we got bent over there - need to return the favor with Partey, no reason to be nice anymore, since they play dirty.

wolfkidultman

Why would this have anything to do with the Partey deal? They want to keep Partey and we know what we have to do to get him. Torreira offers us nothing and it sounds like the Atletico deal was the best for us and Torreira.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I agree. If he goes to Atletico on loan that will have no bearing on us getting Partey or not. I'm sure we have discussed a player + cash but if that's not an option for Atletico it shouldn't stop us still letting them have Torreira. No other team seems to want him and we need to make squad spaces and reduce our wage bill. Tbh, I still think we will get Partey anyway, if nothing else that keeps me upbeat until Tue.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Guendouzi and Sokratis were Sven signings, so not relevant to Arteta and Edu.

What's wrong with Cedric and Mari? They're cheap back-ups. I wouldn't have signed Cedric myself but Arteta must see value in someone who can cover both full-back positions when he reverts to a back 4. Luiz put in some decent performances in the latter stages of the FA Cup and took a pay-cut to stay. Not really a Kia handout because the £25m story was obviously untrue. Willian was another that was specifically requested by Arteta due to his versatility, and Pepe has the talent to still come good.
Luiz has always got a mistake him in, as we've seen quite a few times. Mari may be a cheap back up but for who? We already have 7 other CBs? :lol: AMN looks to be a better Bellerin back up than Cedric and the bottom line is nobody really knows how much the Willian and Luiz deals cost us, or how much Kia got. And our record signing is going backwards after a good end to the season. Hardly surprising when he only gets a a few minutes here and there in the important matches.

Unless something happens soon, this window is as bad as the last two.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Mari may be a cheap back up but for who? We already have 7 other CBs? :lol:
Mari is a back up as the LCB for Gabriel. Sokratis and Mustafi could very easily leave in the next dew days. Saliba is being eased in this season and won't play as much, leaving you with Luiz/Gabriel/Holding/Mari as the main CB options.
the bottom line is nobody really knows how much the Willian and Luiz deals cost us, or how much Kia got
We know that it wasn't a £25m deal.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
**** me @Makingtrax is still clogging threads with bollocks about Cedric and Mari. ****ing get a grip mate.

Expect you to bash Cedric even it he does well tonight.
He’s got a point though tbf, Cedric on a 4 year deal is awful business. Waste of wages and takes up a place in the squad. AMN is more than capable of being a back up RB. Cedric is bang average.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Got to judge them when the window shuts. Maybe the ins/outs a bit uninspiring at the mo but they also got Auba & Saka to renew... that was huge.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Torreira to Atléti even with just an option to buy is good business, tbh I'd be surprised if they pick it up, he's very much their Héctor Herrera pick-up of this window (mediocre player that has some of the qualities Simeone fetishises, who probably won't make much of a splash), but him adding Atléti to his CV and playing in a system where his weaknesses won't be exposed too much won't hurt at all his caché and value going into the next window. Hopefully an Italian club like Roma can shell out 15-20m for him next.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
He’s got a point though tbf, Cedric on a 4 year deal is awful business. Waste of wages and takes up a place in the squad. AMN is more than capable of being a back up RB. Cedric is bang average.
Arteta said he doesn't want AMN and Saka at full-back, long-term:
Agree that a 4 year deal for Cedric is madness tho

GunnerShy

Torreira to Atléti even with just an option to buy is good business, tbh I'd be surprised if they pick it up, he's very much their Héctor Herrera pick-up of this window (mediocre player that has some of the qualities Simeone fetishises, who probably won't make much of a splash), but him adding Atléti to his CV and playing in a system where his weaknesses won't be exposed too much won't hurt at all his caché and value going into the next window. Hopefully an Italian club like Roma can shell out 15-20m for him next.
This is the only rationale I can use and accept the deal.

Either Torreira does really well and they take up the option or he does ok but not good enough and we are able.to.flog him off next season to Italy as he accepts that midtable Serie A or La Liga is his level and with the worst of the pandemic passed a club is able to front up the 20m cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom