• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
We rejected the skint Italian offers only for Atletico to come in and force an even worse deal on us. Vinai getting bummed harder than when he got conned by some random Chinese woman.

How? No mid-table Italian club--and those were the ones in for Torreira--was offering anything significant, or can offer anything significant, in this economy.

Torreira to Atlético is fine, he'll maintain value by adding a big club to his CV and playing in a system that hides his weaknesses. People are living in a fantasy world about Torreira's value. If we get £15-25m for him next season in a slightly recovered market we should be happy. For now it's good to have him off the books and not taking up a non-HG spot.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Atleti want to sell Herrera before they take Torreira. What are the odds Torreira stays at Arsenal this season and we don't have the funds for Partey...

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Atleti want to sell Herrera before they take Torreira. What are the odds Torreira stays at Arsenal this season and we don't have the funds for Partey...
With the loan/option structure, whether he stays of goes won't change the funds at our disposal.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Ugh I hope not. These reports by AS made me feel a bit better, if the deal really is contingent on Herrera **** me. Cannot bear to watch Torreira in our midfield this season, Elneny and Xhaka is punishment enough.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but Atleti suddenly wanting Torreira seems fishy.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they were just trying to scupper any potential deal to sell him.

Torreira and the club will look like boo boo the fool if Atleti pull out last minute. And I'll be p*ssed off too.

Oh and the option to buy is stupid, I don't care if he's not in Arteta's plans, there's no benefit at all with the option; if he's sh*t Atleti won't sign him, if he's awesome then Atleti get a bargain.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
With the loan/option structure, whether he stays of goes won't change the funds at our disposal.

Thee buying club has to pay money upfront with a loan, no? I'd hope we get more upfront £££ with a loan with option to buy. I also read reports that the loan option could turn into an obligation if certain requirements are met. Either way, I hope he goes lol

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Torreira deal wouldn't fund Partey anyways as it is a loan

Him going on loan to Atleti does prevent us from accepting a loan with obligation from elsewhere. Maybe Torino would have kept inching their commitment up until we got a decent loan w/ obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom