<

Manchester City vs Arsenal| Saturday 17th October 17:30| Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Oct 7, 2020.

Tags:
?

What will the result be?

Poll closed Oct 17, 2020.
  1. Arsenal win

44.6%
  2. Draw

28.7%
  3. Manchester City win

26.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

I agree that we showed them too much respect but Aguero was the game changer. Without him, we possibly win. The issue is that we don't have the players who could have made the difference. A more physical and pacy Willian. Pepe with a decent first touch. Someone other than Saka running from midfield and a functioning right side. Ederson also pulled off two great saves and the penalty wasn't even revised even though Man U got one after a match lol. There was too kuch against us from the start. We were cheap skating delaying the signing of Partey which means we threw two matches.

#254 likes this.
  2. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

On Laca, fair point. My point is that he doesn't get ghere fast enough. In one match this season, the commentator said that Saka who was outside the box delayed his cross as he was "waiting for Laca to get in to position". An opportunity was lost. He's limited by his lack of pace as are many in the team. Some are limited by lack of technique and vision, composure and positioning. All these flaws make a difference.

9jagooner likes this.
  3. 9jagooner

9jagooner Well-Known Member

I agree. So we either by a "Vardy" who can pass the ball in his box to start a counter in one minute and is in opposition box to finish up the counter next minute, or
    We play to Laca's strength

Mrs Bergkamp and Chaoz_Enigma like this.
  4. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

How anyone can defend that record is beyond me. It actually does us a favour by not sure the goal difference and number of clean sheets.

5. Big Poppa

Concerning

6. Makavelii

Makavelii Well-Known Member

On the bright side, we’ve conceded less goals than any other side except one so far this season. This despite playing the max number of games so far.

Maybe Mikel is just prioritising getting our defence in order first before he unleashes our attack.
    /dreaming.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  7. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Why were both Nketiah and Lacazette on the bench? Surely if ones not starting you give yourself more options by having Nelson there?

8. ArtetaOut

ArtetaOut Member

What the hell was vermalen doing here???

[​IMG]

Blaziken, Makavelii and Riou like this.
  9. Mohamed7

Mohamed7 Active Member

Oh my god. Seriously what's up with you people. You (generalizing here) cannot demand equality yet get offended by tab on the shoulder. If the lineswoman was a man, no one would have bat an eye on that incident.

He did not hit her. Some players and some officials even slap the back of the players/officials. They got into men's sports, deal with the package.

10. Mohamed7

Mohamed7 Active Member

Oh my. Laporte has been very consistent and top performer throughout his City career with the exception of a few blunder matches like against Sp**s in the Champions League second leg. Last season, he got some injuries that disrupted his flow, but it was obvious miss.

11. Mohamed7

Mohamed7 Active Member

I missed the match as I was travelling on that day. But based on the comments and the highlights I watched, it is clear creativity is again the main issue. However, there are many positives to take away from our season thus far, we have recruited well and the team is taking shape. I believe we are Aouar away from a complete starting eleven:

--- Saka ---- Auba --- Pepe

-- Aouar -- Partly --- Xhaka/Ceb

Tierney --- Gabriel -- Holding/Mari -- Bellerin

------------------ Leno ---------------------

The problem is Aouar will not be available in January and in the summer price will be higher considering teams would have recovered from Covid-19 impact, although he will have one year less in his contract. We cannot wait till summer as we are very light in CM positions. Elneny and Willock are not good enough and not ready respectively.

Makavelii likes this.
  12. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

You sir, are a massive bell end

Blaziken and Big Poppa like this.
  13. Mohamed7

Mohamed7 Active Member

I agree with your view and it is clearly showing on the pitch. We come out afraid of Liverpool and City. In these matches, mentality plays a huge part.

Troopz likes this.
  14. Big Poppa

What a fine gentleman you are

Blaziken likes this.
  15. Mohamed7

Mohamed7 Active Member

I am, indeed. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.