<

Manchester City vs Arsenal| Saturday 17th October 17:30| Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Oct 7, 2020.

Tags:
?

What will the result be?

Poll closed Oct 17, 2020.
  1. Arsenal win

44.6%
  2. Draw

28.7%
  3. Manchester City win

26.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Jace

Jason Jace Member

This truly should be our line up going forward(if we insist on 3 at the back)
    But Xhaka will have to be dropped cause we can't field 12 players

Makavelii likes this.
  2. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry & Miserable

The only role Kolasinac can play is roleplaying; that is to say dressing up like and pretending to be a football player.

Oxeki and Troopz like this.
  3. Troopz

Troopz Established Member

Because Kola isn’t good enough bruh and Tierney is out.

Kola can’t start otherwise we’ll get dispatched.

4. greekgooner

greekgooner Member

I dont see arteta use partey against city. like pep he chooses the starting eleven based on training-fitness and i dont think that he will give a free pass to partey with just 3 training sessions even if he is our major transfer this summer because it will give the team the wrong message that someone plays for his name and transfer fee. i think xhaka and ceballos will start in the usual 3-4-3 formation. Tbh i rate kolasinac offensivly more than tierney and i prefer him than AMN for overlaps and crosses. But we will see.

5. greekgooner

greekgooner Member

Ofc auba up front with pep and willian on the wings. I still remember willians goal against city at conte's first year on the counter when they won 1-3. Hope he does the same on sunday.

MikelHadADream likes this.
  6. bingobob

bingobob A-M’s Resident Hunskelper Trusted

I think AMN and Saka both start.

7. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

This makes too much sense to me. Being Mikel, I suspect he’ll go again with Laca through the middle, Willian on the right and Partey left out of the squad.

Troopz likes this.
  8. Xanth

Xanth Well-Known Member

Arteta never plays with three proper centre-backs. The point of the 3-4-3 setup is to have an outside centre-back who can operate as a wingback when we're in possession. Gabriel can't do that. An alternative would have been to play Chambers on the right in that role but he's not fit. We'll probably see Kolasinac start unless Arteta goes for a proper 4-3-3.

9. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

I've made my peace with it.

#254 Well-Known Member

That lineup is suspect for me. 3 players prone to knobhead reactions all playing close to the goal is never a good thing even with Partey in the team. I'd switch Xhaka for Neny and Willian for Saka.

@American_Gooner Please add the spelling for our newest player to the dictionary. I can't stand these constant reds.

11. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

I suspect it’s their own defence they are worried about more than our attack. Hardly any mention of our players on there.

12. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Cedric can play left or right, he could play in place of Tierney, surely a better alternative to Kola?
    Or we play 4-3-3 with

Bellerin Luiz Gabriel Cedric/AMN/Saka

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  13. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Ex-Arsenal Fan

I fcking hate international football so much please just let me watch Arsenal again ffs.

14. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Bro this is one thing I lowkey hate about deadline day signings. Isn't there always an international break following the deadline. Pisses me off man.

Troopz likes this.
  15. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

@hydrofluoric acid - can you do some more of your blood magic to ensure Partey starts against City ?

16. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

17. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

18. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Very ridiculous that Armstrong who tested positive is available to play but Tierney who was negative can't play.

19. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

:lol::lol:

Wtf?

20. gkoat

gkoat Well-Known Member

Take your agenda elsewhere. We start with 12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.