• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marcel Sabitzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Hmm, seems he has played over half of his Bundesliga games as RW. I thought he was more CMF/AMF.

And thought he was younger, like 25. He is over 27.

Not so sure about this for us. Still not expensive. Seems a well-rounded fighter.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Finally a link to a good central midfielder that will allow us to change the way we play :thumbsup:

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
He isn't a bad player, but i fear the Nagelsmann factor.

A lot of players look really good under him, then they are changing the club and never showed the same quality again.

Sabitzer could be another one in the category. He hasn't a standout quality for me, more like he is overall very solid - offensively and defensively.

Last edited:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

A lot of players look really good under him, then they are changing the club and never showed the same quality again.

Sabiter could be another one in the category. He hasn't a standout quality for me, more like he is overall very solid - offensively and defensively.
That's why He is the best average mid table team player. Consistent, not bad, not good enough for Top teams. Expensive as squad player and without development potential.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Sabitzer could be another one in the category. He hasn't a standout quality for me, more like he is overall very solid - offensively and defensively.

Man, I wish I could confidently say the same about Arteta but it looks like he might be a bit of a cheque book manager, requiring "his players" to really showcase his "managerial ability".

I remember when Arsène was getting so much out of players that guys like Hleb, Song, Nasri, Adebayor, Flamini etc would leave and look so much worse playing for other teams.

Those were some days I took for granted :lol:

Gn1212

Ideal player to complement our options behind the striker. Martinelli, Saka, Pepe, ESR, Sabitzer and Willock sounds very promising to me. Need a world-class #8 though.

ChefMan21

I'd sign him, good player to have in our side, decent age, great value at that price, and means we have more cash to spend elsewhere.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I’m anti Sabitzer now. I thought he was more of an end product machine. Would prefer Aouar.
I think signing both Sabitzer and Aouar is the move.

You might be thinking of Sabitzer as a target for the playmaking attacking mid role, but he's more of a target for being the replacement for Xhaka, imo. Very good all-arounder.

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️
This is a VERY CONCERNING STAT! Looks like RB Leipzig performed better without him

longer considered a first team regular for RB Leipzig, too, the German side would be more open to listening to offers for Sabitzer and given their results when he doesn't start - RB Leipzig's win ratio this season rises from 52.6% to 87.5% when Sabitzer does not feature from the off - their stance is likely to have softened.

Source: https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/...tzer-The-man-to-transform-Tottenhams-midfield

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

This is a VERY CONCERNING STAT! Looks like RB Leipzig performed better without him

longer considered a first team regular for RB Leipzig, too, the German side would be more open to listening to offers for Sabitzer and given their results when he doesn't start - RB Leipzig's win ratio this season rises from 52.6% to 87.5% when Sabitzer does not feature from the off - their stance is likely to have softened.

Source: https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/...tzer-The-man-to-transform-Tottenhams-midfield
Not that concerning, imo. He was injured or started on the bench for 10 games, all except 2 were against bottom half opposition and of those 2 Stuttgart finished 9th (out of 18). One of the games he started on bench he came in and scored the winner (pk granted). Not done the math but it still looks like their win ratio against bottom half is better when he hasn't started - but not at a magnitude that can't be down to variance or other factors

SK Lation

Without looking into the stats, I remember him being quite injury prone. Nevertheless, he is a well-rounded player without any ability that he stands out with except from his shooting maybe.

Rated him at some point in his Bundesliga time but he never really made the next step. Might do a job for a midtable PL team but wouldn't lift our game or fill any of our needs imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom