• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marcel Sabitzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️
Not that concerning, imo. He was injured or started on the bench for 10 games, all except 2 were against bottom half opposition and of those 2 Stuttgart finished 9th (out of 18). One of the games he started on bench he came in and scored the winner (pk granted). Not done the math but it still looks like their win ratio against bottom half is better when he hasn't started - but not at a magnitude that can't be down to variance or other factors
Appreciate the analysis mate!

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I think signing both Sabitzer and Aouar is the move.

You might be thinking of Sabitzer as a target for the playmaking attacking mid role, but he's more of a target for being the replacement for Xhaka, imo. Very good all-arounder.
Exactly this. I've warmed up to Neves a bit now, he has some very useful attributes but there's no getting away from the fact that he's a very similar player to Xhaka.

Sabitzer, whilst not rapid actually has some pace to his game and can be utilised in formations that wouldn't work with Neves - further forward, on the wings etc. Doubt he's a world beater in any one position but would bring in experience and quality across the side. I'm not usually in favour of squad signings but for a young team, Sabitzer could bring that nous that we need as well.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

Tier 1 for Leipzig news, think this is genuine and would be a nice signing.
I think sadly that Sabitzer coming here means the end of Willock. I rate Sabitzer as well but that would be such a shame. Probably already made a deal with Newcastle and trying to get the replacement in first.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I think sadly that Sabitzer coming here means the end of Willock. I rate Sabitzer as well but that would be such a shame. Probably already made a deal with Newcastle and trying to get the replacement in first.

Yes, probably just like Saliba, they just aren't part of the future of the club for whatever reasons.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I was so little impressed with Sabitzer in euros. But people who watch Bundesliga say he always impressive. Not sure but there is better midfielders available

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I was so little impressed with Sabitzer in euros. But people who watch Bundesliga say he always impressive. Not sure but there is better midfielders available
Thought there were some games where he worked hard, got around very well but didnt get much opportunity but then in flashes hed pull off a very incisive pass or a good run. I think hed be great alongside Partey, all action all running, all passing midfield.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
According to same article look like Leipzig are selling him for 17M euros that's extremely cheap.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Thought there were some games where he worked hard, got around very well but didnt get much opportunity but then in flashes hed pull off a very incisive pass or a good run. I think hed be great alongside Partey, all action all running, all passing midfield.
Look like he very good carrying the ball and his progressive passing are about 8 in game so he not your sideways type

Kysus

For 17m I would take him as a rotation option. We are seriously lacking in numbers in CM as even w/ Xhaka and Ceballos Elneny started waaaaaaayyyy too many games

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

27 is bit old. If we gonna go Dortmund’s route going young and selling to big clubs this guy is the wrong age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom