• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marcos Senna

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
rosicky has a great reputation of being inconsistent. i am worried. wenger PLS sign more players!

abhijith

some one younger and more talented!!!!!

why a 30 year old sena :?:

daniele de rossi :lol:

he would be a great buy.
age is also on his side,23,next season.
ability to hit long rangers which arsenal desperately lack.
goal scorer and even good at lil bit of defensive work.
realy good talent,exciting one at that.
much better than buying sena.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i have stated de rossi many times but he come at a high fee and furthermore we are not linked with him

Octavio - gunner

I think AW is looking for an established 29-30 DM because we have Song and Diaby, two promising players, and we know what Wenger can do with young talents. If Diaby wasn't injured he probably wouldn't be looking for a DM, but he may want some patch for the next two-three years so he can let Song learn and get experience and Daiby come back. I hope Daiby will come back before we expect, after all Totti had an injury just as bad as Diaby's and he's already playing 90 mins games with Italy.
I can't wait for the next season to start, I want to see the Hleb, Cesc, Rosicky combination. Our forwards are great, specially with vP and Walcott in the WC they'll come back improved. The LRD are great if Cole stays, and I'm hoping Campbell will come back at his best. Only a little bit worried about our DM, can't rely on Gilberto all season every game.

el jefe

For the last time Diaby is not a DM. No doubt he is a talented youngster, but his tackling is average at best. His work rate isn't great either. Yes these are aspects of his game that he can improve, but I honestly wouldn't expect much from him next season at all, given the nasty injury.

otfgoon said:
29, in his peak, can give us 2-4 years of good service buy which time Diaby or whoever would be ready to fill in? also he only has 1 year left so we would nto have to pay much.

just what i thought thats y wenger isn't going for m diarra because he would put diaby on the bench senna is a good player 29 but can give us 2-3 maybe 4 years of service and experiance i reckon diaby is planned 2 be our new dmf the gap vieira left but not just yet

otfgoon said:
29, in his peak, can give us 2-4 years of good service buy which time Diaby or whoever would be ready to fill in? also he only has 1 year left so we would nto have to pay much.

just what i thought thats y wenger isn't going for m diarra because he would put diaby on the bench senna is a good player 29 but can give us 2-3 maybe 4 years of service and experiance i reckon diaby is planned 2 be our new dmf the gap vieira left but not just yet

otfgoon

Established Member
Looks like this lad could be going to united, not too disapointed if the 8m figure is true, far too much for a 30yr old.

asajoseph

Established Member
Although having looked around a few sites, it seems it could actually happen.

Quite a strange pairing, that could be, and not one I'd have thought of myself - still, credit to the manc ****, they obviously know where they need to improve.

longrufus

Established Member
Doesnt really make sense to me. United paying 15m+ for Carrick then 8m for Senna. Surely they would have been better spending big on a player like M.Diarra who in my opinion would be a more influential signing. Lets not forget he is the same age as Carrick and twice the player. Senna for me is way overpriced, 8m for a 30year old CM. Who has only really come to the fore in recent times? No thank you.

Fair play to United though, they have identified where they need to improve and have bought well.

Arsenal_FAN1983

longrufus said:
Doesnt really make sense to me. United paying 15m+ for Carrick then 8m for Senna. Surely they would have been better spending big on a player like M.Diarra who in my opinion would be a more influential signing. Lets not forget he is the same age as Carrick and twice the player. Senna for me is way overpriced, 8m for a 30year old CM. Who has only really come to the fore in recent times? No thank you.

Fair play to United though, they have identified where they need to improve and have bought well.

Shame about us though, we still look weak (when I say weak, I mean weak in physical appearance), I wonder how we will cope with the physical games this season.

Legend#1

Established Member
Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
longrufus said:

Shame about us though, we still look weak, I wonder how we will cope with the physical games this season.

Not very well.

longrufus

Established Member
I think we will cope better than what most people think. The team in my opinion went through a long period where they thought they could not compete against the physical sides without Vieira. Belief is an under estimated factor in football in my opinion.

And i dont think either Senna or Carrick would have been good signings for us, so im not that fussed.

asajoseph

Established Member
Carrick certainly wasn't the right player for us, but if Senna had been available at the sensible money we'd first talked about, I'd have snapped him up in an instant. He's a very talented footballer, with a bit of a shady past - shame he's gone to the Mancs really, but 8 million was WAY over the odds.

jester

Established Member
the thing is no matter if manutd are getting the players they need or not, or if they're paying over the odds, its the fact that they're looking to improve. second wasnt good enough so they're trying to get better, meanwhile we're looking like we're not going to.
At the moment we're going to be just as bad away from home, and since it couldnt be fixed last season, nothing has changed, the way to fix it was with players.
But if true, Senna is another good buy for man utd, although they look like they could need another striker (even though i'm assuming smith will now come back as a FW)

Amadeor

Also a year ago Essein was considered much better than Diarra and he's since been a bit of a flop. Personally I rate him highly but he still failed.

Bullshit. Diarra is rated as by far the best defensive midfielder in France for three years already. Maybe you haven't read the interview of Juninho Pernambucanho where he says that Diarra is a beast and is the absolute boss on the pitch.

Maschenero is valued at around 10 million and probably wouldnt fetch much more than 12-15.

And Diarra and Maschenero are probably the 2 most sought after semi-available DMs in the world. We dont sign player shwo are that sought after, never have never will.

1) It's Mascherano

2) His fee is not £12-15m. If that was his fee, ManU would have signed him, as he's a gazillion times better than Carrick.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom