• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marcos Senna

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
IMO, masch's fee is around that value, 12-15m. the problem is his corintians's valuation is 25m.

kamikaze80

Established Member
senna's good but i think i'd rather someone who is better going forward. with senna, we'd have two gilbertos, which is better than one gilberto, but not sure how much it would actually improve the first team.

qs

Established Member
Amadeor said:
Also a year ago Essein was considered much better than Diarra and he's since been a bit of a flop. Personally I rate him highly but he still failed.

Bullshit. Diarra is rated as by far the best defensive midfielder in France for three years already. Maybe you haven't read the interview of Juninho Pernambucanho where he says that Diarra is a beast and is the absolute boss on the pitch.

Maschenero is valued at around 10 million and probably wouldnt fetch much more than 12-15.

And Diarra and Maschenero are probably the 2 most sought after semi-available DMs in the world. We dont sign player shwo are that sought after, never have never will.

1) It's Mascherano

2) His fee is not £12-15m. If that was his fee, ManU would have signed him, as he's a gazillion times better than Carrick.

Before the world cup, when I wrote that, he wasnt as highly valued as he is now.You havent a clue what Man Utd would or wouldnt have done. Last time Fergie signed a supposedly top notch midfielder the whle thing blew up in his face. He signed Carrick because it minimses the risk. United arent as rich as they were(comparitively) and cant afford to sign someone for 15 million who could fail. Carrick gaurantees a certain level. He'll be solid. Thats what they paid for.

Amadeor

IMO, masch's fee is around that value, 12-15m. the problem is his corintians's valuation is 25m.

What's the difference between "his fee" and "corinthians valuation"?

Before the world cup, when I wrote that, he wasnt as highly valued as he is now.You havent a clue what Man Utd would or wouldnt have done. Last time Fergie signed a supposedly top notch midfielder the whle thing blew up in his face. He signed Carrick because it minimses the risk. United arent as rich as they were(comparitively) and cant afford to sign someone for 15 million who could fail. Carrick gaurantees a certain level. He'll be solid. Thats what they paid for.

I would say if they sign Carrick for £18m when they can sign Mascherano for £12-15m, it's not me who hasn't got a clue, but ManU themselves. Every team in Europe wants Mascherano. He's seen as the future best defensive midfielder in the world, and was without any doubt the very best one at the world cup. This, while Carrick was outshone by Hargreaves. To sign Carrick for more money than Mascherano would be criminal, mindboggling, incomprehensible to the extreme. I almost can't describe it.

Veron wasn't a success at ManU because he lacks the speed of thought and the pace to do well. In exactly the same way, Riquelme doesn't fit the PL. However, anybody can see that Mascherano is the perfect player for the premiership, as the moment he gets the ball, he knows where to put it, and always has options.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
1)thought they sign carrick for 15m? not 18?

2)you say every team in the world wants mascherano? any prove? i know he is good, but nobody is snapping him up just yet. i disagree you say mascherano is the very best in the world cup, there are many others better.

3)you contradict yourself, you said masch fee isnt 12-15m, and now you are saying about signing carrick being more expensive than masch.

4) the diff between the 25m and 15m is that one, 15m is his real value. 2nd, corinitians wants 25m for him. get it?

i pretty agree with qs, yes carrick is more of a proven player in EPL, a player watched by fergie for long and definitely won't fail

Lukazan

Established Member
I think Senna is decent, but many people think he is much better than he is.

I dunno, kinda like how a die-hard Spanish La Liga follower might rate Kevin Nolan of Bolton I 'spose.

Grampus_Eight

The Boss would never sign Senna. He's a solid player, but usually nothing spectacular. Extremely late bloomer. Had a great season last year (capped by one of the best goals in the champions legue), but will never be spectacular - except for when he bled from his ass at Highbury. That was disgusting, but incredibly gutsy.

But the guy hasn't impressed all that much in his very limited international appearances for Spain. Served a doping suspension too.

More importantly we won't bring in short term players. The guy is already 30. Is he going to agree a one or two year contract when other clubs are offering higher wages and three or four years?

The Boss doesn't do depreciating assests. They are bad investments.

I don't know why we even get linked to these players. The Boss passed on Davids and Dacourt last season. Don't see him vaguely interested in Senna either or any other player the wrong side of 30.

qs

Established Member
Amadeor said:
I would say if they sign Carrick for £18m when they can sign Mascherano for £12-15m, it's not me who hasn't got a clue, but ManU themselves. Every team in Europe wants Mascherano. He's seen as the future best defensive midfielder in the world, and was without any doubt the very best one at the world cup. This, while Carrick was outshone by Hargreaves. To sign Carrick for more money than Mascherano would be criminal, mindboggling, incomprehensible to the extreme. I almost can't describe it.

Veron wasn't a success at ManU because he lacks the speed of thought and the pace to do well. In exactly the same way, Riquelme doesn't fit the PL. However, anybody can see that Mascherano is the perfect player for the premiership, as the moment he gets the ball, he knows where to put it, and always has options.

He wasnt the best in his position at the World Cup. Makelele and Pirlo were both better, Frings was every bit as good. He showed great ability and lovely passing but he wasnt the best.

Nobody foresaw what a flop Veron was going to be. He had great vision and had been outstanding at both International and club level before United bought him.

Maybe Fergie saw things in Mascherano he seen in Veron. Maybe as I said he just didnt want to take the risk.

And yes signing Carrick for £18 million is incomprehensible. No one said it wasnt.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
senna expected to sign 3 year contract with manure next week
that was from sky sports news ...
just saying this advance boyz .lets be prepared to close it...close it!!!

Bobo D. Clown

Let Utd have him, it's hard enough for a midfielder to settle at a new club, in a new league, in a new country but in a new midfield (with 1 or maybe 2 debuting players) is asking a hell of alot. I saw him play well last season and at the WC but it doesn't answer how level his head is, how well he takes pressure at a European superclub (albeit one in decline) and if he's ready for the expectancy of having to win it all.

And Carrick is a *****cat, expect that midfield to be bumbling and stuttering from the start and for calls of overpriced and overrated to begin before the January window rolls round, just like last season. Fergie seems set on replacing his midfield every summer, and sometimes in January too but the Millers and Klebersons and Djemba x2 got for 5mil down to free transfers are now 30-somethings for 6mil up to England benchwarmers for 18+mil. Pure idiot.

Grampus_Eight

kel varnsen said:
don't know if it's true or not, but i heard man u might sign senna for as little as £3,4 mill...

Wouldn't be surprising. This is the last season on his current contract. He could leave on a free at the end of this season. He is also 30. Has only had a couple of good seasons. Past doping suspension. Just became a spanish international. With that said, he's a good signing for them. A certain upgrade from Fletcher and O'Shea. Also saves them from having to play Rio as a DM or Giggs centrally. He should pair very well with Carrick.

Since United always pay above the odds, Fergie will probably pay something closer to £5M for him.

Zico

Established Member
Even at a combined fee of about 20 million pounds, Carrick and Senna should make Man U dangerous. Last season I thought they had a good defense and a cracking attack. The only problem was central midfield where an assortment of strikers, defenders, hasbeens and neverweres tried to a job. I think it's money well spent by Ferguson because that was clearly their weakness and now they're solving it decisively.

I would like to see Wenger take a similar approach to defensive midfield and defense.

The truth about the Prem is that the gap between the Champs League teams and the Intertoto teams is so big that you cannot afford to slip up against lower placed sides. The league is not won in games against Liverpool and Chelsea; however, it's definitely lost at places like the Reebok and Riverside. We need more experience and quality in the rear half to achieve consistency in the league. Do not be fooled by our good CL run.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom