• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marcos Senna

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
its not surprising fergie sign carrick for 18m and senna for 4m. he is a freak noob in transfer signings compared to wenger. he likes to waste money and splash out uneccesarily. 30m on rio, his signings of barthez, howard, kleberson, miller, silvestre, taibi etc says it all

Jameel46

Established Member
i don't thin k that senna is anything special, hasn't impressed me so far, wouldn't improve man utd's starting line-up

Bergy_1995

arsenal_hleb said:
its not surprising fergie sign carrick for 18m and senna for 4m. he is a freak noob in transfer signings compared to wenger. he likes to waste money and splash out uneccesarily. 30m on rio, his signings of barthez, howard, kleberson, miller, silvestre, taibi etc says it all

Not forgetting some memorable Wenger signings...... Jeffers 9m, R.Wright 6m, Vivas (£?), Cygan £2m...... and not forgetting Jose Reyes - barely worth 8m if you ask me. Wenger's best bit of business was Anelka, then of course Henry a snip at 10m.

Senna is a steal at 4m.

Grampus_Eight

Jameel46 said:
i don't thin k that senna is anything special, hasn't impressed me so far, wouldn't improve man utd's starting line-up

Are you serious? Have you ever watched O'Shea and Fletcher ply their trade in the middle of the park? Senna is too old for Wenger to sign and isn't as good as Gilberto anyway, but for United he is a great improvement. He will allow Giggs, Ronaldo, Park and even Rooney a bit more freedom when he's on the pitch. More importantly, Carrick needs to be partnered with a physical player like Senna to get around the pitch and make tackles for him.

Senna could always end up a bust, but unlike Kleberson and Djemba-Djemba he has European experience.

kel varnsen

Established Member
GraPu said:
Bergy_1995 said:
arsenal_hleb said:
Senna is a steal at 4m.

Senna is not a steal at 4m IMO. He's already 30 or 31 if i'm not mistaken.

he turned 30 in june and he is pretty close to being a steal for £4 mill. he is a very good player and could form a formidable partnership with carrick. unfortunately, it seems like man u are adressing their most immiadiate needs...

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Bergy_1995 said:
arsenal_hleb said:

Not forgetting some memorable Wenger signings...... Jeffers 9m, R.Wright 6m, Vivas (£?), Cygan £2m...... and not forgetting Jose Reyes - barely worth 8m if you ask me. Wenger's best bit of business was Anelka, then of course Henry a snip at 10m.

Senna is a steal at 4m.

cygan for 2m, is not a waste imo. the others, is so much little, almost just 5% of what fergie's mistake.

senna a steal a 4m? dude you are wrong. if you count value for money and what that guy is going to bring to us, i would say signing a 15m 21 year old would be better than signing a 3 4 million 30 year old

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
GraPu said:
Bergy_1995 said:
Senna is a steal at 4m.

That's what everybody said of Makelele when he signed for Chelsea. "Too old", "Grandpa", "weak bones". But look at the guy, still doing ok. Doesn't matter if you're young or old, it's how good you are. And 4 mil is a steal if you consider Chelsea paid triple for Makelele at that age.

Grampus_Eight

Mr. Hotshot said:
GraPu said:
Bergy_1995 said:
Senna is a steal at 4m.

That's what everybody said of Makelele when he signed for Chelsea. "Too old", "Grandpa", "weak bones". But look at the guy, still doing ok. Doesn't matter if you're young or old, it's how good you are. And 4 mil is a steal if you consider Chelsea paid triple for Makelele at that age.

Regardless of whether he's objectively too old and how many years he has left, Senna is more importantly too old for Wenger!

What more does Wenger have to do or say before everyone realizes he will NOT buy depreciating assests! If there is little resale value he will not pay a transfer fee. And good luck finding a player willing to sign a rolling one year deal when he can find multiple year offers (and often higher wages) at bigger clubs.

When is the last time Wenger signed an outfield player 30 or older? I can only think of two 28 year olds and one 29 year old he's ever signed.

Grimandi signed at 28, Luzhny at 29, Cygan at 28. They weren't all sensational successes either.

United seems to have wrapped up their deal for Senna anyway.
http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/ ... _page.html

gunnerama911

Experienced Senna Linked With Arsenal

Villarreal and Spain midfielder Marcos Senna is the latest La Liga player to be linked with a move to Arsenal this summer.

The club have already been heavily linked with Valencia duo David Villa and winger David Silva since the season’s end during what has been a frantic summer transfer window for Arsenal with a string of high-profile players being linked with moves into and out of the Emirates Stadium.

Both Villa and Silva have showed good form during this summer’s Euro 2008 tournament in Austria and Switzerland as Spain made it through to the last four of the competition, where they will face Russia tonight.

But 31-year-old Senna, a holding midfielder, has also impressed in providing a platform for the Spanish flair players to build from and according to reports in the British media he has caught the eye of Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger.
Senna may not seem like the glamorous signing many Arsenal fans are hoping for, but towards the end of last season, as Arsenal’s bid for major honours fell short, a lack of experience was cited as the club’s young players ran out of steam as they games increased in volume.

And with Mathieu Flamini having already joined AC Milan on a free transfer, Senna could prove to be the ideal replacement in the Gunners’ midfield, although suggestions that Wenger is willing to pay up to £10 million for the player may be wide of the mark.

Any move to sign Senna would prove to be a change of direction for French boss Wenger who usually snaps up the continent’s young talent and only tends to offer players over thirty one-year-contracts.

Senna, who is 32 next month, was a major target for Manchester United two summer’s ago, but Sir Alex Ferguson was unable to land his man after Villarreal ensured that they would not let their man depart easily.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=752937" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=752937</a>

James

Established Member
Good player. Very comfortable on the ball, and he'd slot straight into the side perfectly...but it won't happen, just because of his age.

Next.

qs

Established Member
Good player I like him

Goal has linked us to nearly every player at the euros though

Paddy from Sweden

This is not the first time he's been linked to Arsenal. And as he's also a year older than the last time (or is it two years?) there's even less chance of buying him.

qs

Established Member
32 seems a bit old for Wenger but if he wants experience maybe

I'd say Goal are rehashing old stories

Tegh

Established Member
Yeah, he's too old for us to consider making a move for him, better off sticking with Gilberto rather than spend money on a transfer fee. However, he is an excellent player and he's impressed in the Euro's - woulda been nice a couple of seasons ago, but then Gilberto was whooping ass and then the Flamster was on fire last season.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom