• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marcos Senna

Jaded

Has been the best DM in La Liga for ages now, but his age definitely ruled out this signing.

Smudeagle

Heh, heh heh. I was watching the semi last night thinking how Senna slightly reminds me of Gilberto sometimes and thought to myself: 'How long till someone links us to him...'

I love international summers... People seem to decide that the best players in the world are anyone that get to the quarters. The amount of folk besotted with Arse-Shavin' and Pavluychenko is unbelievable. You'd think they were consistantly playing out of their skin for years. How many of us had heard of Pav and to a lesser degree Arse-Shavin' this time last year?

The papers meanwhile link us to any player reaching the latter stages: Arse-Shavin', Pavluychenko, Silva, Villa, Podolski, Schweinsteiger... The list goes on.

What a fickle bunch we are...

Dez

Ok a) its goal.com these guys are beggining to make tribal football look downright reliable and b) even they don't think there's much of a chance.

Kain

Established Member
number_0 said:
Can he play as a winger?

DM only by the looks of it he reads the game exceptionaly well like the Makelele of a few seasons ago, his age is obviously a big downer and basically means it will never happen.

Very good player for the Euro's so far though, possible player of the tourny candidate.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
If he would have been a younger player we would have sign him, he is a great player so far read the game very good. reminds me of a Gilberto in hot form.

Kenyonhater

He's had an excellent tournament. Probably Spain's most important player. I think he'd be a brilliant signing for us. He'd add steel and experience for a couple of seasons while the likes of Diaby, Denilson and Ramsey develop. He doesn't seem to be on the wane like Gilberto and he has more natural drive and energy than him anyway. Likes a shot, too.

It would be unlike AW to sign a player of his age but he did mention us lacking experience and if he signs a 24 year old (much as I would love us to get Inler) it would block the path of the younger players coming through in whom AW has so much faith. Probably won't happen but I'd be very happy if we got him. He would add great balance to our squad.

-Shaun-

gunnerama911 said:
He's made no appearances for Werder yet?

:lol: Think you might be looking for this thread mate.

Senna has had an outstanding tournament, one of Spain's best players for sure. He reminds me very much of Gilberto, but he can actually pass, and very well also. Not scared to have a long-range shot either, I'd love him here to be honest. Just can not see it happening with Bert in the way, but we'll see.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
-Shaun- said:
gunnerama911 said:
He's made no appearances for Werder yet?

:lol: Think you might be looking for this thread mate.

Senna has had an outstanding tournament, one of Spain's best players for sure. He reminds me very much of Gilberto, but he can actually pass, and very well also. Not scared to have a long-range shot either, I'd love him here to be honest. Just can not see it happening with Bert in the way, but we'll see.
has nothing to do with "Bert being in the way".. the guy is 32.. that itself is enough reason that we will not sign him.. ever...

(only players we sign that are 32+ are keepers)

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
I've been in love with Senna for the past 3 years. Love the guy. And we were linked with him a couple of summers ago. That said, this doesnt seem like a credible story at all. He's not a wenger signing and Gilberto Silva is still at the club. Despite Bert's demotion last term, he and Arsène enjoy a wonderful relationship. Thats no secret. Wenger is not one for collecting old players who perform similar roles. You could argue that Senna could be the perfect bridge between Flamini and a younger combative midfielder who could serve as the long-term partner to Cesc in the middle of the park but I dont see it at all. Lovely player. Could do a job for a couple more years but I dont see it.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
gunnertilldeath said:
I've been in love with Senna for the past 3 years. Love the guy. And we were linked with him a couple of summers ago. That said, this doesnt seem like a credible story at all. He's not a wenger signing and Gilberto Silva is still at the club. Despite Bert's demotion last term, he and Arsène enjoy a wonderful relationship. Thats no secret. Wenger is not one for collecting old players who perform similar roles. You could argue that Senna could be the perfect bridge between Flamini and a younger combative midfielder who could serve as the long-term partner to Cesc in the middle of the park but I dont see it at all. Lovely player. Could do a job for a couple more years but I dont see it.

:shock:

kamikaze80

Established Member
if senna came in, gilberto would have to go and i dont think wenger wants to change the leadership of the club. not to mention at 32 years of age, it would make no financial sense to pay a transfer fee for him. hes got precisely the qualities we'd need at CM though.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Cygan's saying that we want Senna:

<a class="postlink" href="http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/07/01/Prem-Cygan-on-Senna-Arsenal-link/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/ ... enal-link/</a>

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom