• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Gunner-Union

I found myself thinking about similar players to him in the prem at present and I could not think of any.
Ødegaard is a genuine 10, he has the vision and passes to match for that role, now Bruno is also a 10 but he can't control the game from deep and can be ineffective if there is no pace
When you look at 8's he has similarities to players like gundogan, Silva etc but is also not a typical 8
Only player I can say he is similar to completely is maybe De bruyne?
Also much better work rate than Bruno and cries a lot less. If Partey plays deeper maybe MO as an 8 and a new box to box 8 there as well

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ødegaard was signed by Real Madrid as was one of the most exciting young players, and was an FM legend...by the time he was 16.

Don't even think Bruno was alive when he was 16, certainly in a footballing sense...levels to them, tbh.

By the time Ødegaard is Bruno's age, he will be the best playmaker in the league...and our boy won't need to stat pad 15 pens a season, to cover his massive weaknesses as a actual playmaker either.

Last edited:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ødegaard was signed by Real Madrid as was one of the most exciting young players, and was an FM legend...by the time he was 16.

Don't even think Bruno was alive when he was 16, certainly in a footballing sense...levels to them, tbh.

By the time Ødegaard is Bruno's age, he will be the best playmaker in the league...and our boy won't need to stat pad 15 pens a season, to cover his massive weaknesses as a actual playmaker either.
You have to wonder where he would be had he signed for Ajax. I still maintain going to Real Madrid at that age was a big mistake, but I think he showed character choosing to come here.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Similarities to David Silva? Not saying he's as good, but he's one of those 10s than is transitioning into a number 8 to fit the modern game.

Kysus

I found myself thinking about similar players to him in the prem at present and I could not think of any.
Ødegaard is a genuine 10, he has the vision and passes to match for that role, now Bruno is also a 10 but he can't control the game from deep and can be ineffective if there is no pace
When you look at 8's he has similarities to players like gundogan, Silva etc but is also not a typical 8
Only player I can say he is similar to completely is maybe De bruyne?
Bernardo Silva

Bloodbather

Established Member

Similarities to David Silva? Not saying he's as good, but he's one of those 10s than is transitioning into a number 8 to fit the modern game.
Yeah, he's a similar profile. Silva was a better technician, but Ødegaard seems to have a higher work rate. My dream would be to have ESR turn into a KDB of sorts and start playing 4-3-3 in replication of that City team but that seems unlikely.

Henry boi

Yeah, he's a similar profile. Silva was a better technician, but Ødegaard seems to have a higher work rate. My dream would be to have ESR turn into a KDB of sorts and start playing 4-3-3 in replication of that City team but that seems unlikely.
I think they're equals when it comes to technique, there is still alot more to come from Ødegaard judging by what I've seen of him before especially at Socided, but yeah he probes like David Silva with the ball at his feet

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Still think you lot are wrong about just how high his natural ability is. We just don’t have creative players players in the game atm so he looks better by comparison, he suits us and I think he’s showing how sorely missed those players are. I was wrong about how useful his skill set could be no doubt. In terms of dribbling ability, nowhere near as elusive as David silva, you can trap and rob øde because his dribbling skill set is very incomplete. I think olise is a potential example of a player who can’t be touched at his best whereas øde needs specific circumstances to be able to hurt people.

samspade

He’s been excellent, is a great personality and I’m happy to have him though.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Still think you lot are wrong about just how high his natural ability is. We just don’t have creative players players in the game atm so he looks better by comparison, he suits us and I think he’s showing how sorely missed those players are. I was wrong about how useful his skill set could be no doubt. In terms of dribbling ability, nowhere near as elusive as David silva, you can trap and rob øde because his dribbling skill set is very incomplete. I think olise is a potential example of a player who can’t be touched at his best whereas øde needs specific circumstances to be able to hurt people.
Would anyone compare his style to Özil in his later top years? It's not like Özil dribbled past players that much either by then.

Of course Özil couldn't play as an 8.

samspade

Would anyone compare his style to Özil in his later top years? It's not like Özil dribbled past players that much either by then.

Of course Özil couldn't play as an 8.
I’m not just talking about taking it past players, I’m mostly talking about protecting it, taking it away from pressure.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom