• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

OSBK

Established Member
Terrible performance, bruno whacked him and he didnt fancy it after that. Everyone has seen now that you kick Ødegaard and he vanishes, only he can change that. It will be tough for him now.

GDeep™

League is very weak
images

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
He’s got great application, effort and he pressures very well so he’s certainly not a dead weight off the ball. However, his basic qualities aren’t suited to games where we’re getting out pressed and the tides against us. He never contributes to the ‘turning of the tide’. If we can get a consistent supply of ball and time to him then he’s very effective and gives us even more control on top of what our pressure earns us. He’s a very good player, but in games like palace, unless we start winning our duels and out pressing the opposition, he won’t be effective.
Still think this fits well with what we see. If we get him time, we should see his qualities. Hopefully, we can get him more of that in future as we get better.

Legend14

Established Member
Watching Ødegaard in small sided games is amazing. I’m not sure how he can think so fast and have the technical speed to support his brain speed. Literally Özil like in this regard. I wonder how he developed such skills.

The challenge for him is that the field is large at gametime and we aren’t always pinging the ball around in a small triangle. Sometimes you need to dribble and eat up space.

Losing Partey hurt Ødegaard as well. It forced him to cover more of the pitch which is not his game.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

The exact same numbers in terms of goals/assists in the league as Mkhitaryan had in his only full season with us.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
How do people single out individuals and yet also claim Arteta’s system is poor?

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

No, just Arsenal fans in general.

It can be a combination sometimes. Big quality players may not be as hindered by a terrible manager as mediocre players. Does this mean that Ødegaard is mediocre? I dont know.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It can be a combination sometimes. Big quality players may not be as hindered by a terrible manager as mediocre players. Does this mean that Ødegaard is mediocre? I dont know.
He’s like Özil, when the team plays well he’ll be right there with them but he won’t lift everyone when they’re down.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Think this is lazy posting too. Özil was carrying teams when he was the same age as Ode.

He was the driving force when we we chasing the league with Leicester etc.
Was Özil carrying Real Madrid at this age? Think Ronaldo would have something to say about that.

It’s a fair comparison.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Was Özil carrying Real Madrid at this age? Think Ronaldo would have something to say about that.

It’s a fair comparison.
Think you both raise good points.

In Germany and for Germany Özil certainly carried anyways. Arsenal debut season aside, you could argue Madrid onwards he hasn't carried.

Reactions: A_G

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom