• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

mirrorstares

We're unwatchable the moment he's subbed on, it's crazy

He has vision, technique, defensive awareness, knows how to press smartly, committed to our system.. yet absolutely nothing happens with him on the pitch.

Hope he catches on at some point is the "committed to our system" part what is making him look like a nothing player out there

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
joaquin-phoenix-commodus.gif

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The easy option for Edu and co in the transfer market, no need to go out and look or negotiate for a proper creative midfielder, looks like a waste of 40 mill, totally mugged off by Real Madrid.
It's a bit funny to see that though, wonder if the next group of managers will waste Ode the same way these bums are wasting Pepe.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
The easy option for Edu and co in the transfer market, no need to go out and look or negotiate for a proper creative midfielder, looks like a waste of 40 mill, totally mugged off by Real Madrid.
Think he was £30m. Want a bit longer to judge a 22 year old player although he's not setting anything alight at the moment.

Fabregasm

We're unwatchable the moment he's subbed on, it's crazy

He has vision, technique, defensive awareness, knows how to press smartly, committed to our system.. yet absolutely nothing happens with him on the pitch.

Hope he catches on at some point is the "committed to our system" part what is making him look like a nothing player out there

Indeed can't think of any games he came on as sub and has any impact on at all.

Liam_Og

Think he was £30m. Want a bit longer to judge a 22 year old player although he's not setting anything alight at the moment.

Agree he’s 18 months older than ESR, he got a different transition into pro football.

I honestly think people forget Øde is 22, hasn't played in a consistent set up since he was 17. Stability matters when you are developing.

At the money we expected him to be ready to go, lets be honest, £30m gets you a prospect nowadays. Not a world beater. We have to treat him as such.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Agree he’s 18 months older than ESR, he got a different transition into pro football.

I honestly think people forget Øde is 22, hasn't played in a consistent set up since he was 17. Stability matters when you are developing.

At the money we expected him to be ready to go, lets be honest, £30m gets you a prospect nowadays. Not a world beater. We have to treat him as such.

39 La Liga games, 69 Eredivisie games, 24 Premier League games and 37 games for his national team but we are supposed to expect nothing from him? I like the guy and think he was fine last season (not many goals/assists though) but he has been below par this season and i dont think thats acceptable.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
He will come good just have patience. He has shown his abilities last season and a little dip won't change it, he's not past his prime!

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I worry for him physically to be honest. I think in football now you to be a big asset of a real top team, which his the aim for Arsenal, you have to be a good athlete.

That's not to say he's a dud though, he's technique and vision will always come in use over the course of the season. Even this season, the guy won us the game at Burnley. I think he will be back in the team against Newcastle.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I worry for him physically to be honest. I think in football now you to be a big asset of a real top team, which his the aim for Arsenal, you have to be a good athlete.

That's not to say he's a dud though, he's technique and vision will always come in use over the course of the season. Even this season, the guy won us the game at Burnley. I think he will be back in the team against Newcastle.

We cant have short memories with this guy. I don't think he is an athlete in the sense that Saka is, however, he isn't so unathletic that he would struggle.

He literally lives in that right half space. Without a CF who can hold the ball and right back who overlaps, we won't see the best of him. Victim of the system currently.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom