• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
I predicted less than 10 goals and assists in the league, he got 11 by scoring today.

I wasn’t far off. Some of you thought I was highly underestimating him with those predictions.

He would have had quite a few more assists to his name if we had strikers and wingers that can finish consistently.

He should be into double figures with goals too, he got into a number of great shooting positions but opted to play the pass.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Nothing against Ode, he is still young and the future is in front of him, but I do not think we will see such a unique player like Özil again, at least not in near future.

Not sure why fans keep comparing him to Özil, who was only really good here for about 2 of his 7 seasons with us. Özil was a great talent but the best football of his career was played at the Bernabeu and the German NT. With us he was the classic fair weather player.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Three buys that save Edu’s reputation are Gabriel, Ødegaard, and Ramsdale these buys make think that unlike Arteta he may not be totally out of his depth

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He is a true Arsenal player. When the pressure was on he went into hiding, last Game with no pressure he shines. Offcourse fans will get excited about it and say wait until next season

D

Deleted member 102404

Very good player, but needs to improve his strength to retain possession under pressure.
Still young and a lot to develop.

blrgooner

Established Member
This guyis a beautiful footballer. One of those guys who does what he does so well that he makes it look simple.
Gets unfairly criticisized for not playing well in games where the whole team plays poorly but when we tick, he is one of those players who makes us tick.
Deservedly came second in our player of the season votes behind saka.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Great player when the heat is not on.

Think he’d benefit from a link man. Sort of like how Özil played some of his best stuff with Santi. As good a passer as Xhaka is, he lacks the mobility to properly link with Ødegaard between the lines.

For that reason alone I wouldn’t be too opposed to Tielemans. Think we could play some good stuff with him and Ødegaard in the middle.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Think he’d benefit from a link man. Sort of like how Özil played some of his best stuff with Santi. As good a passer as Xhaka is, he lacks the mobility to properly link with Ødegaard between the lines.

For that reason alone I wouldn’t be too opposed to Tielemans. Think we could play some good stuff with him and Ødegaard in the middle.

Or Martin could sit deeper and we could play more of a flat 3. Why does Martin have to sit in the hole? A flat 3 midfield system would also allow us to play a midfield of Xhaka, Partey and Tielemans if Ødegaard’s not available or underperforming. It gives us more balance and stability. Drop 4-2-3-1, go 4-3-3.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

So your response to a Ødegaard observation is to point out another players short comings and blame that? Xhaka would look great with Santi too.

Ødegaard is good (I've long been an advocate of his) but truth be told he is a p*ssy, it's obvious. His first touch whilst incredible when he's confident fails when we're under the cosh a bit. Kinda hides too and just jogs to look productive sometimes which Özil ironically got slated for. G Deep is right.

He's young in a team lacking leadership so I personally don't get onto him for that, but pointing to Xhaka and saying upgrading him would fix an aspect of his game is incorrect. Ødegaard is hardly the most dynamic player around himself and that will only become more pronounced with age.

It's 50/50 you get the ball back from Ødegaard when he has any player harassing him, signing Tielemens doesn't fix that only Ødegaard can.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Great player when the heat is not on.
When you have Nketiah to aim for and Cedric responsible for getting you the ball, the heat is always on. If he wasn't surrounded by numpties all the time he'd be quite a player.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

All good blaming others, but Ødegaard needs to do a bit better I'm afraid.

Had a period where he looked like the best creative player in the league but the lows were too often, which unfortunately comes with a young player that's not world class.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Yeah Ødegaard went very quickly from starting to take over games, looking like potentially one of the best attacking midfielders in the league in December/January to disappearing in the important months toward the end of the season. Being honest so did the rest of the team but we really needed him to step it up towards the end there.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
So your response to a Ødegaard observation is to point out another players short comings and blame that? Xhaka would look great with Santi too.

Ødegaard is good (I've long been an advocate of his) but truth be told he is a p*ssy, it's obvious. His first touch whilst incredible when he's confident fails when we're under the cosh a bit. Kinda hides too and just jogs to look productive sometimes which Özil ironically got slated for. G Deep is right.

He's young in a team lacking leadership so I personally don't get onto him for that, but pointing to Xhaka and saying upgrading him would fix an aspect of his game is incorrect. Ødegaard is hardly the most dynamic player around himself and that will only become more pronounced with age.

It's 50/50 you get the ball back from Ødegaard when he has any player harassing him, signing Tielemens doesn't fix that only Ødegaard can.

I never blamed Xhaka for anything. My post was kind of besides GDeep’s point. I too made an observation. With a better link player in midfield we’ll see an ever better Ødegaard IMO.

In regards to his mentality, calling him a p*say is a bit strong. You could level that at a bunch of our players who didn’t turn up when the pressure was on, Saka included.

We were what, 3 nil down away to West Ham a couple of seasons back and we came back to 3-3 with Ødegaard absolutely running the show. He showed balls of steel then. He’s also captain of his country, would they have put it on a sackless player?

I do think we need more from him. I think it’s more a consistency issue than a mentality issue however. Which is why I mentioned another midfield technician could potentially help him. I’m one of Xhaka’s biggest supporters btw, no way would I draw him out to defend another player.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The way he moves reminds me a bit of Rosicky. Really like his style, touch and passing ability. The only one of Arteta’s buy’s this year that could turn out to be the player that big clubs will want. But . . . . he’s not very consistent at the moment. Don’t think it’s to do with other players around him, it’s his own mentality that needs to stabilise.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom