• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: Öde To Joy

Will Ødegaard get over 10 G/A in the Premier League this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Didn’t we sign Julio Baptista and Kim Kardashian on loan, and the Kardashian was injured the whole time? Nothing wrong with loan deals would have been well happy if Willian was a 1 year loan.
Wenger had a couple of loans over his 22years, Batista was a swap deal and the very occasional back up player.

We’re in a different mid table era now where trying to get loans from Real/Barca to improve our first team eg Suarez, Ceballos, Ødegaard and it does nothing for us.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Rubbish and lacking sense and realism.

Our transfer strategy had to change when we fell out of the top 4.

As for this loan deal, what would you rather, we loaned **** players that had no impact and wouldn’t even be good enough to give any regulars some respite? Not to mention the chance of actually signing them... Such a one-eyed, transparent take on the deal.

I’m sure the bloke who fired us out of the champions league places is lurking somewhere among all that 🤣
You Arteta apologists would big up anything he does. We don’t want to sign them. If we’d signed Suarez or Ceballos it would have been yet more wasted money . . . like the 3 year Willian deal for the 32 year old, or Mari, or worst still Cedric. He’s playing Chambers as right back now because he rates Cedric so low ffs.

I know you’re happier being mid table and a mile behind Leicester than you were being 2nd and just behind Leicester by the lack of steam coming out of your posts these days, but try thinking straight for once. :lol:

MikeVinna

Established Member
Wouldn’t mind another loan. Preferably with an option, though. MØ can rotate with ESR as well as play alongside him. Means we can spend available funds elsewhere, too.

Edit: If we sign him again I believe thats our attack sorted.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
In dubio with this transfer though. Ødegaard can ball. Has the vision and the technical capabilities to be our main playmaker. He is more of a classical nr 10 though, and I don't think he will fully thrive in our current team, unless you build the team around him. ESR is the more 'natural' option for our team imo.

Unless we can train him to take the 'Santi Role'

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
In dubio with this transfer though. Ødegaard can ball. Has the vision and the technical capabilities to be our main playmaker. He is more of a classical nr 10 though, and I don't think he will fully thrive in our current team, unless you build the team around him. ESR is the more 'natural' option for our team imo.

Unless we can train him to take the 'Santi Role'
You cant train players to be a Santi roll. You need to have the ability to dribble the ball.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
You cant train players to be a Santi roll. You need to have the ability to dribble the ball.
Ødegaard has those capabilities. Maybe Santi Role isn't the right comparison (could not find the right player to compare too), but more of a playmaker at CM instead of the 10 would be more of a fit.

Pyres7

Ødegaard has those capabilities. Maybe Santi Role isn't the right comparison (could not find the right player to compare too), but more of a playmaker at CM instead of the 10 would be more of a fit.
I'd say he's more of a Cesc than a Santi. Not sure if his defensive abilities are good enough to play there but it would have been worth a shot, especially after we got knocked out of the EL.

I wish Arteta tried that when Xhaka was injured/playing LB, instead of wasting time with Ceballos and Elneny. He's played as a deep CM for Norway too so it's not like it's a brand new position for him.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
We need this guy. We have ball carriers in Saka, Pepe, Smith Rowe, but we need someone who can keep it simple and dictate play, someone who can combine and get them the ball.

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
This is the problem with loan deals. When they end and you don't buy the player you are back to square one without a solution. Then you need to buy another player and hope it works out.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
We need this guy. We have ball carriers in Saka, Pepe, Smith Rowe, but we need someone who can keep it simple and dictate play, someone who can combine and get them the ball.
we had this guy. He doesnt dictate play. His loan proved that he isnt the solution

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
we had this guy. He doesnt dictate play. His loan proved that he isnt the solution
Doesn't he? From what i saw we were a much better side with him in. We created more, he got our wingers and full backs into good positions, he played several through balls to send Auba free which hasn't happened in a long time.

He dominated Bissouma and Rice, two players Arsenal fans would love, they couldn't get near him.

What about that goal vs Sp**s? Olympiakos? Dragging us back vs West Ham? Ridiculous assist vs Palace to put us 2-1 up. That 9/10 performance vs Brighton?

You need to remember he wasn't here for long, and hadn't played much for Madrid previously. He came, settled straight in, there is more to come from him.

kash2

Doesn't he? From what i saw we were a much better side with him in. We created more, he got our wingers and full backs into good positions, he played several through balls to send Auba free which hasn't happened in a long time.

He dominated Bissouma and Rice, two players Arsenal fans would love, they couldn't get near him.

What about that goal vs Sp**s? Olympiakos? Dragging us back vs West Ham? Ridiculous assist vs Palace to put us 2-1 up. That 9/10 performance vs Brighton?

You need to remember he wasn't here for long, and hadn't played much for Madrid previously. He came, settled straight in, there is more to come from him.
just go back and watch the villareal semifinal. Vanilla player, some bits of good play. Tidy but nothing great yet.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
just go back and watch the villareal semifinal. Vanilla player, some bits of good play. Tidy but nothing great yet.
He wasn't fully fit. Also, Villarreal locked Bruno down, does that mean he's nothing special? Look at his loan on the whole, he came into a team that was a mess and generally, done very well to improve the way we attack.

kash2

He wasn't fully fit. Also, Villarreal locked Bruno down, does that mean he's nothing special? Look at his loan on the whole, he came into a team that was a mess and generally, done very well to improve the way we attack.
i agree that Ode is a good player. We just differ on the amount of impact he had. I think it was okayish but not excellent. Wasnt a commanding influence. If we buy him I am okay with that.. but it wont be a really transformative signing.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Look at this performance, he's got so much to offer. Just plays smart and executes the killer pass quickly when its on. Thats the difference between a player like him in the Number 10 role, and a player like Smith Rowe/Grealish in the number 10 role. He's got that elite level vision and intelligence, its natural to him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Still don't know why people don't like him, tbh.

He wasn't perfect, but he had some very good games for us...and considering he came into a team in a mess, into a new country/league and only for six months...think he had a good impact here, all things considered.

How can you say someone isn't good enough after 6 months anyway...Thierry only had like 5 goals in his first half a season at Arsenal, would you have given up on him?

Not saying Martin is that level, but players can improve is my point...least now he knows the team and league.

Another loan would be a little small time...but if he helps us get back into Europe, then I am fine with it.

Last edited:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Wenger had a couple of loans over his 22years, Batista was a swap deal and the very occasional back up player.

We’re in a different mid table era now where trying to get loans from Real/Barca to improve our first team eg Suarez, Ceballos, Ødegaard and it does nothing for us.
Would you support a loan deal with an option to buy? Heard that suggested at one of the Arsenal podcasts. Was on Arsecast/Arseblog I think. Can’t remember who suggested it as a solution.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

People totally underestimate Villarreal, Emery and their players. They are a good team that can negate what other teams are trying to do. Plus they create their chances. No coincidence that they managed to beat us and ManU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom