• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: Öde To Joy

Will Ødegaard get over 10 G/A in the Premier League this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
When Messi got his chance to break into the team he did show something in the first 5 minutes so using him as an example isn't really gonna work here. Lol. Also, you cant use an established Messi or Ronaldo to compare to a Nelson trying to get into a team. He has had his chances and he really hasn't impressed. The few chances he's had, i haven't even seen him try to run at a defender and fail to say 'well, at least he's trying'
I'm not talking Messi's first 70 mins.

I'm talking about football in general. You could watch the best player in the world for 70 minutes and say he's rubbish.

You cannot judge a player on 70 mins.

Arteta can judge him in training. He can judge him on u23 matches. He can judge him in cup matches.

But you can't defined a player a success or failure in 70 minutes.

I personally don't think he's good enough either but to say that in 70 minutes he should have made his mark is expecting too much.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I'm not talking Messi's first 70 mins.

I'm talking about football in general. You could watch the best player in the world for 70 minutes and say he's rubbish.

You cannot judge a player on 70 mins.

Arteta can judge him in training. He can judge him on u23 matches. He can judge him in cup matches.

But you can't defined a player a success or failure in 70 minutes.

I personally don't think he's good enough either but to say that in 70 minutes he should have made his mark is expecting too much.
I went further to say you cant compare an established Messi to a Nelson trying to make his name. I get what you're saying but I honestly believe Nelson got enough chances to impress and I honestly can't remember a time he did. Like Azeez got about 5 mins in the Europa league and I was impressed and I've never watched him before that.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I went further to say you cant compare an established Messi to a Nelson trying to make his name. I get what you're saying but I honestly believe Nelson got enough chances to impress and I honestly can't remember a time he did. Like Azeez got about 5 mins in the Europa league and I was impressed and I've never watched him before that.
When I first seen Carlos Vela I thought he would be a top top player. He had a modest career but expected more.

One issue I do have with him is he seemed to have a reluctance to go on loan.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He won’t be here next season whether you rate him or not, because he’s too good for us. Some of you lot deserve the likes of El neny et al ffs. Couldn’t tell a player from a platypus.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He won’t be here next season whether you rate him or not, because he’s too good for us. Some of you lot deserve the likes of El neny et al ffs. Couldn’t tell a player from a platypus.
Where do you think Willian will be next season mate?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
@Rimaal only hates him because her precious supine protoplasmic invertebrate jelly, Özil, is stinking out the Turkish league when he’s not in a full body brace 🤣

Alexs

I watched Paul Merson and David Rocastle's first 70 mins. They ran around a lot.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Ødegaard's so stiff out there on the pitch he may as well be in a full body brace.

:lol:

200.gif

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Ødegaard's so stiff out there on the pitch he may as well be in a full body brace.
He’s stiff? Please god don’t let this be yet another senseless AM observation. Where does this **** come from, or is that a silly question 🤣

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Fitting in short term loan players from rich teams just for a few months is a poor strategy. If they turn out to be a crucial game changer, we're ****ed again when they leave and if they're mediocre they've taken up the position of a potentially developing player.

The other problem is, if they really take off and start playing well, the owners usually want them back.

Even when we were poor after the stadium build Arsenal wasn't a club to take in loans from the rich boys. No coincidence that we're loaning now we're a mid table side.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Fitting in short term loan players from rich teams just for a few months is a poor strategy. If they turn out to be a crucial game changer, we're ****ed again when they leave and if they're mediocre they've taken up the position of a potentially developing player.

The other problem is, if they really take off and start playing well, the owners usually want them back.

Even when we were poor after the stadium build Arsenal wasn't a club to take in loans from the rich boys. No coincidence that we're loaning now we're a mid table side.
Didn’t we sign Julio Baptista and Kim Kardashian on loan, and the Kardashian was injured the whole time? Nothing wrong with loan deals would have been well happy if Willian was a 1 year loan.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Rubbish and lacking sense and realism.

Our transfer strategy had to change when we fell out of the top 4.

As for this loan deal, what would you rather, we loaned **** players that had no impact and wouldn’t even be good enough to give any regulars some respite? Not to mention the chance of actually signing them... Such a one-eyed, transparent take on the deal.

I’m sure the bloke who fired us out of the champions league places is lurking somewhere among all that 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom