• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Second captain right? Didn’t Kompany make himself player, manager and captain? Napoleonic complex having ****.
No, 1st captain, pretty sure of it. @MauveGunner ?

In the interview Sambi was asked how it made the older players feel to a young guy be chosen over them, but they got over it pretty quickly because how humble and mature Sambi is, or something.

Not sure why you're so against Kompany? Great player, seems a nice person too?

Last edited:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

No, 1st captain, pretty sure of it. @MauveGunner ?

In the interview Sambi was asked how it made the older players feel to a young guy be chosen over them, but they got over it pretty quickly because how humble and mature Sambi is, or something.

Not sure why you're so against Kompany? Great player, seems a nice person too?
Oh cool very nice when a young player is captain. Says a lot. De Ligt was very young too.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Looks like the loan deal paid off big time. Remember some people saying it was a waste of time developing a player for another club.
Glad to be proven wrong, didn't look promising at the time - thought he was gone or we'd be taken to the cleaners. I think missing a few matches just about kept him out of the limelight which made it possible at the price we got him for.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Now that today's transfers are all but done...

Ramsdale
Chambers-White-Gabriel-Tierney
Partey-Lokonga
Saka-Ødegaard-ESR
Pepe
...might be our best team...not sure what is happening with our strikers, so putting Nico there for the time being...RB is a weakness, while unsure how well Ben will do not in a back 3, keepers aren't great either...but still a good team, that should be playing good football...we will get a fair few defeats on the road, but should be winning a good chunk of games at home.

We shouldn't be heavily relying on Kieran's cutbacks...as I am worried about Tierney becoming a meme, because of Arteta's tactics...which he won't deserve, as he's a very good player.

Shame how little hope there is among Arsenal fans right now, the squad isn't terrible.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I'm chief exec of the Pepe hive and even I don't ever want to see Pepe leading the line I just don't see it.

He should be our best winger and if he's not there then he should be benched in my opinion. Behind the main striker at the most as I think he might be good there. Number 9 though? no. Martinelli please.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Now that today's transfers are all but done...

Ramsdale
Chambers-White-Gabriel-Tierney
Partey-Lokonga
Saka-Ødegaard-ESR
Pepe
...might be our best team...not sure what is happening with our strikers, so putting Nico there for the time being...RB is a weakness, while unsure how well Ben will do not in a back 3, keepers aren't great either...but still a good team, that should be playing good football...we will get a fair few defeats on the road, but should be winning a good chunk of games at home.

We shouldn't be heavily relying on Kieran's cutbacks...as I am worried about Tierney becoming a meme, because of Arteta's tactics...which he won't deserve, as he's a very good player.

Shame how little hope there is among Arsenal fans right now, the squad isn't terrible.
If anything that shows that we need a new right back and a striker....

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I'm chief exec of the Pepe hive and even I don't ever want to see Pepe leading the line I just don't see it.

He should be our best winger and if he's not there then he should be benched in my opinion. Behind the main striker at the most as I think he might be good there. Number 9 though? no. Martinelli please.
Agree with everything here (Pepe as a lone 9 is a pipe dream), except...well, you think Pepe is better than Saka (our best winger)?

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Agree with everything here (Pepe as a lone 9 is a pipe dream), except...well, you think Pepe is better than Saka (our best winger)?
No I am saying his age, experience and price tag he should be undisputed starter for left or right wing. For one reason or another as we've all discussed at great length, this currently isn't the case.

Not with Ødegaard here anyways.

Riou

If anything that shows that we need a new right back and a striker....

Right back is definitely the big waring position right now, wouldn't be shocked to see Tavares start there at some point.

With Ødegaard, Saka, ESR and Pepe, we should be able to get Auba scoring...Arteta just has to be better, or replaced.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If Bielsa couldn't get Pepe working as a CF then there's no chance Arteta could. I doubt he would even try it to be fair. He's never even shown the inclination to try it before either.

Riou

Putting Pepe at CF, was just a way of showing the good options we have...you could put Auba or Laca there (or if they both/one of them leave and we sign a new striker, you can put him) move Pepe out wide, rotate ESR and Ødegaard at 10, you have Martinelli too...it's not like we are rocking up to games with Burnley's options, ffs!

Isn't Vardy like 35...Auba isn't that old really, we shouldn't give up on him so quickly, a tweak to the way we play could easily see him scoring again.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Putting Pepe at CF, was just a way of showing the good options we have...you could put Auba or Laca there (or if they both/one of them leave and we sign a new striker, you can put him) move Pepe out wide, rotate ESR and Ødegaard at 10, you have Martinelli too...it's not like we are rocking up to games with Burnley's options, ffs!

Isn't Vardy like 35...Auba isn't that old really, we shouldn't give up on him so quickly, a tweak to the way we play could easily see him scoring again.
You do get that one of our CMs was Burnley's MOTM in two of their games last season right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom