• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't think we will entertain an asking price for £50m. Ødegaard's contract runs till 2023, so if he is to be loaned out, he'd need an extension. I'm curious what the player wants. The debacle after the loan to Real Sociedad was cut short has probably damaged the trust, but Ancelotti coming in might change things.

For his sake I hope he moves out permanently, whether here or elsewhere. He needs to play if he is to fulfill his potential. I doubt he will accede to a loan without a buy option.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I agree, look at how many games ESR & MO have played together, yet people still bang on about not needing MO because we have ESR. Having both allows more flexibility, it also leaves us with cover for the 10 position. I also think if we have a more solid midfield ie a top partner for Partey, that would give MO more freedom as he has the solidity & safety behind him that has been lacking.
Indeed, above all a top midfield partner for Thomas would just make us function better as a team and #10s especially really benefit from a team that is functioning well. We need better ball progression through the middle, especially in the middle third (into the final third), it's been probably our biggest weakness under Arteta.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Probably already shared but I'll share again. I'll not complain if he comes back. There is a player in there.
Yeah, I'm at this stage re Ødegaard. I think he's actually very talented, just a little bit of a goldilocks. We could work with him. Not my first choice at all (I'd love us to bring in Pereira and play him as a #10) but he did alright when he was here.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, I'm at this stage re Ødegaard. I think he's talented, if a little bit of a goldilocks. We could work with him. Not my first choice at all (I'd love us to bring in Pereira and play him as a #10) but he did alright when he was here.
Mathues Pereira? yes me too i suggest him yesterday similar profile to Buendia and he imo look very good all around offensive player.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Mathues Pereira? yes me too i suggest him yesterday similar profile to Buendia and he imo look very good all around offensive player.
Yep, was extremely impressed with him when watching West Brom. Another season and he may have kept them up. Very good player, and could easily play as a #10 IMO. Decent set-piece man aswell if you care about that sort of thing.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I dont think anyone has an issue with Ødegaard coming back. Its the circumstances under which he might return thats concerning. Nobody thinks he's worth 50 mil and it shouldn't be a situation where he's back on loan again.

I take Ode on loan as an addition or for 30m, because he hasnt shown more than that.
Not as our first choice target premium signing ffs.

If you sack all your scouts and hire a clown in Edu where nobody really knows what he's good at that's probably what you get in return.

He's even slow at interviews and hasnt come up with anything noteworthy thus far,

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I dont think anyone has an issue with Ødegaard coming back. Its the circumstances under which he might return thats concerning. Nobody thinks he's worth 50 mil and it shouldn't be a situation where he's back on loan again.
If it's loan, it should have an option to buy.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Not surprised ode himself said it many times . If we want him go to Perez and get deal done.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

dont see anyone paying what Madrid want as the guy is good but just not the level people predicted

maybe a lower fee with similar buyback will be the compromise

Yeah I feel similarly to this.

I'm not really strongly for or against Odergaard like some tbh, I think he was alright and I do like the player. I suppose I'd be willing for us to table £25 - £30M, beyond that then it's stops being worth it imo.

The good news is that we do have ESR so it's not like we're totally f*cked without an AM, but the kid can't play 38 games plus Europe, oh that's right there is no Europe.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
dont see anyone paying what Madrid want as the guy is good but just not the level people predicted

maybe a lower fee with similar buyback will be the compromise
Real madrid clearly think themselves higher than everyone else i wouldn't be surprised they sell him to us like 35m and put a buyback clause just like Reguilion deal with Sp**s.

Kysus

Why are people writing off Ødegaard's elite potential after only half a season with zero time to acclimatize?
It actually was super impressive how he just came in and contributed immediately, pressed and got stuck in as well.

We need to pull this one off, the key signing of the summer imo

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Why are people writing off Ødegaard's elite potential after only half a season with zero time to acclimatize?
It actually was super impressive how he just came in and contributed immediately, pressed and got stuck in as well.

We need to pull this one off, the key signing of the summer imo
Because Arsenal fans want only someone they like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 30

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs who have had discussions with the entourage of Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [L’Equipe]

Arsenal are the front runners to sign Besiktas’ 18 year old striker Semih Kilicsoy, who scored 12 goals this season [HITC]

A deal for Bologna striker Joshua Zirkzee would involve a £13m commission for agent Kia Joorabchian [Football London]

Arteta wants to add a defender, a central midfielder, a forward and cover on the right wing for Bukayo Saka [Gary Jacob - The Times]

Arsenal are ready to enter the race for Feyenoord left-back Quilindschy Hartman when the Dutchman returns from injury next season [The Telegraph]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško has said yes to Arsenal and now the club are in pole position to complete a £45m deal [John Cross - The Mirror]

Bayern Munich are monitoring developments on Oleksandr Zinchenko [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom