• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
There is no chance we`ll loan him even if that`s what we wanted/could afford. Ødegard already has three loan spells behind him and has repeatedly spoken about his need for stability. Just a few days ago the Norwegian national coach said they had spoken together and that Ødegaard said he needed stability.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Could be that adding the £20m means that we'd miss out on another yet to be revealed signing, and that we were looking at signing BOTH Buendia and the unrevealed player.

We won't know how good the window will be until it's actually closed - and no one here has any visibility of what's happening behind the scenes.

There is no secret player as far as the am position is concerned.

Both the manager and Ødegaard were pretty clear about wanting him to stay and it being conditioned to what Madrid would say.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Please don't buy him ESR is better in every aspect we really don't need Ode, he won't make it at Madrid he'll be back at Sociedad by 22/23.

It's more that ESR is a better fit for the system, It's why I much rather we went Buendia that Ødegaard. The former takes more risks.

He's not a bad player, but he won't move the needle. Plus, there's the fact he already has been Artetafied and is playing way too cautiously already.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
It's more that ESR is a better fit for the system, It's why I much rather we went Buendia that Ødegaard. The former takes more risks.

He's not a bad player, but he won't move the needle. Plus, there's the fact he already has been Artetafied and is playing way too cautiously already.
If he's available for 25-30 mil he's a good buy, but anything over that is a waste of money that we can spend on someone who's more impactful and direct when he has the ball at his feet.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Please don't buy him ESR is better in every aspect

There's literally no comparison between the quality of Ødegaard's final ball and ESR's, nor Ødegaard's composure on the ball in the 10 space.

I don't know why you continue to repeat things that even you probably know aren't true.

They are two very different types of players. It's never been about one or the other, it's kind of tiresome how hard some of you try to make it so.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
ESR and Ødegaard are different that's why buying Ødegaard make sense it'll allow us play with different styles depending on opponents if you play against deep block and need creativity you use Ødegaard if you want to play more counter attacking want your attacking midfielder work hard and can score goals you use ESR.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
There's literally no comparison between the quality of Ødegaard's final ball and ESR's, nor Ødegaard's composure on the ball in the 10 space.

I don't know why you continue to repeat things that even you probably know aren't true.

They are two very different types of players. It's never been about one or the other, it's kind of tiresome how hard some of you try to make it so.
You’re like the only person who still believes this nonsense, just admit you have a crush on Ødegaard so we can move on.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
With no option to buy it’s completely terrible. We need a permanent, hopefully long term solution.

It would work as a try before you buy and leave money available in other areas in a COVID market.

ESR is a long term solution, Ødegaard may or may not be. I would rather commit to Ødegaard over loaning him, but this could work for us.

It would be terrible business by Madrid to loan him out.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I agree, look at how many games ESR & MO have played together, yet people still bang on about not needing MO because we have ESR. Having both allows more flexibility, it also leaves us with cover for the 10 position. I also think if we have a more solid midfield ie a top partner for Partey, that would give MO more freedom as he has the solidity & safety behind him that has been lacking.

GLITCH

I think Madrid told us the price for Ødegaard. We bulked, and tried to sign Buendia. He had already made up his mind to join Villa (Martinez + agent being influencial). So, we're probably going to have to sign Ø for ~£50m. 😑

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom