• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChefMan21

Ødegaard is not really a plan, not if you consider what Real needs to do in their midfield...

Thinking Plan A hasn't actually emerged yet and may end up being a player with a reputation like Sanchez or Özil when they signed.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
A loan wouldn't be the end of the world provided that we sort out our tight back, centre back and central midfield with at least Premier League proven quality or higher.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ødegaard is not really a plan, not if you consider what Real needs to do in their midfield...

Thinking Plan A hasn't actually emerged yet and may end up being a player with a reputation like Sanchez or Özil when they signed.
That's the point. Imagine finishing 8th, having no European football. Forget the factors like the coach or money. Look at where we are. We think we can buy a player from Real Madrid who are in the process of a rebuild. He already has a contract there. Why would he leave his one opportunity to cement a place there for us? He could easily leave next season after trying to achieve his dream.

We are going to wait for him? It's pure stupidity

ChefMan21

Could be that adding the £20m means that we'd miss out on another yet to be revealed signing, and that we were looking at signing BOTH Buendia and the unrevealed player.

We won't know how good the window will be until it's actually closed - and no one here has any visibility of what's happening behind the scenes.

ChefMan21

That's the point. Imagine finishing 8th, having no European football. Forget the factors like the coach or money. Look at where we are. We think we can buy a player from Real Madrid who are in the process of a rebuild. He already has a contract there. Why would he leave his one opportunity to cement a place there for us? He could easily leave next season after trying to achieve his dream.

We are going to wait for him? It's pure stupidity
I agree. Madrid will have a view on him but my feeling is that he's low hanging fruit for them in terms of getting another midfielder into the squad.

truth_hurts

You'd have to sell Ødegaard the project of becoming a top European team again with him as the catalyst.

All Carlo would need to at to him though is that he is part of his plans. His chum Haaland might end up there are Mbappe seems keen. Why would you leave that?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If it makes anyone feel better I don't think he's good enough for Real, certainly not as a starter. And with their financial situation maybe he'd be someone they could sell to raise funds. However I don't think he's worth anywhere near what we'd have to pay for him.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

If it makes anyone feel better I don't think he's good enough for Real, certainly not as a starter. And with their financial situation maybe he'd be someone they could sell to raise funds. However I don't think he's worth anywhere near what we'd have to pay for him.
Exactly he isnt a 50m player.

truth_hurts

His output worries me. 50m for an attacker who doesn't score is not good business. Technically though, he'd be the best we have. It's been a while since we've had a highly technical player, we wer spoilt with the likes of Rosie, Helen, Cesc, Nasri, Özil and Santi.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I doubt he will go on loan again. They need to extend his contract. In many ways he holds a lot of cards.

truth_hurts

Loan with obligation? That said, they need the funds so it would be a buyers market. Helps if he actually wanted to come here.

ChefMan21

Casemiro may actually be an easier sign; older, at peak value, whereas Ødegaard's value could go up. He'd be the one I'd sell if looking to fund a spending spree.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Please don't buy him ESR is better in every aspect we really don't need Ode, he won't make it at Madrid he'll be back at Sociedad by 22/23.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Please don't buy him ESR is better in every aspect we really don't need Ode, he won't make it at Madrid he'll be back at Sociedad by 22/23.

This is the thing, we've literally been putting ESR wide left or just leaving him out entirely to accommodate this stiff Norwegian. We also HAVE to play 4-2-3-1 to accommodate him with no real room from flexibility because he's so stiff that he won't be effective out wide and he's not dynamic or athletic enough to play deeper in midfield, like as an 8. He'd be a horrible signing, add to that a potential 50 million price tag for someone who performs once every 5 games at best.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
This is the thing, we've literally been putting ESR wide left or just leaving him out entirely to accommodate this stiff Norwegian. We also HAVE to play 4-2-3-1 to accommodate him with no real room from flexibility because he's so stiff that he won't be effective out wide and he's not dynamic or athletic enough to play deeper in midfield, like as an 8. He'd be a horrible signing, add to that a potential 50 million price tag for someone who performs once every 5 games at best.
He's anyone one of those players that's all hype but hasn't proven anything. Still living off of a couple performances when he was 16 like that matters.

truth_hurts

Expecting ESR to carry the burden of our creativity is a sure fire way to destroy him. He's missed a lot of football. I'd like to see him slowly integrated before becoming an integral player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom