• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Massimo Oddo

jt73

Massimo Oddo??

I heard that we were linked with Oddo, due to the fact that Lazio may go Fiorentina soon!! Does anyone know if this Oddo kid is any good? Has anyone seen him play?

Arjan

Kyla said:
Not too keen on the name. Change the o and d around and you end up with dodo. Nah! ;)

If you exchange the O's and the D's you'll get DOOD, meaning DEATH in Dutch

___jeff

Arsenal target Oddo keen on Juventus

Lazio right-back Massimo Oddo has declared he wants to join Juventus before the start of the new season.

Oddo has also been linked with Arsenal, but insists: "I know that Juventus are interested, if it must happen we hope it is soon.

"At Lazio, of the players on the market, I and Cesar remain available.

"The president knows that if he sells us the tifosi will not accept this happily and it will create problems. But he wants to get big money from our sales.

"I sincerely do not find this as just, it complicates everything. I will never ask to leave, because if there were conditions in order to remain I would not have problems in doing so."

siddharth

jacc_7_1 said:
then let him go to the old lady..
we want players interested in join :x ing us..

All italian players would prefer to stay in Italy and if it is a big club like juventus then why not. Italians are not good travellers anyways. ;)

Massimo Oddo is a good RB don't know if he can play in the centre defence. But if we are going to sign a player then i hope wenger goes for a player who can play both as a RB and a CB and most importantly he must have considerable experience which would be vital in europe.

I can't see wenger signing another young player unless wenger doesn't see Hoyte as our future RB.But i still say Fabricio Coloccini is the player we should get. 8)

Soler

Established Member
Massimo Oddo.

We, along with Juventus, have been linked with him in Sky Sports.

Here's some comments I lifted from elsewhere about him:

Oddo was a standout on the Napoli team that got promoted back to Serie A in 2000. The following year he was transferred to Verona where his performances wavered a bit, but he did score a few goals (mostly penalties). He has improved since then. Overall I would rate him as a quality defender worth having on virtually any team. If you guys dont want him feel free to send him back our way

*sigh* I have you guys even seen him play? The guy is solid, and for 1.5 mill? What a bargain..

For 1.5M Oddo is a bargain. He's actually pretty good going forward, but tends to have lapses defensively.

Denish

Any italian defender is fine by me. Not seen him play, but I'm a big fan of wing backs. Love that position ;D

Arsène - buy Mancini!! Brazilian with an Italian passport, so work permit no prob.

Scores stupid amounts of goals as well. Has a howitzer of a right boot.

Watch out for him. New Cafu he is.

Xanshin

In Italy, most fans were furious that he wasn't Italys first-choice RB. He's very solid defensively, and offers an option in attack too.

To put it simply, he's twice the player Lauren is (and I'm not a Lauren hater)

Ratinho

Established Member
And where exactly would we be getting the kind of money we'd have to pay for Mancini??

I know Roma have financial problems, but spending aruond £10-15m on a wing back would be insane when we need strong, maybe young, cover at the back, not first team replacements.

AFCG7

Established Member
Mancini is super going forward but his defensive qualities dont inspire much cnfidence

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Denish said:
Any italian defender is fine by me. Not seen him play, but I'm a big fan of wing backs. Love that position ;D

Arsène - buy Mancini!! Brazilian with an Italian passport, so work permit no prob.

Scores stupid amounts of goals as well. Has a howitzer of a right boot.

Watch out for him. New Cafu he is.
I couldn't believe it when I first saw him. I actually thought it was Cafu at first glance. But it's true that his defending leaves something to be desired. Or was that another phrase I'm trying to say. Not sure but you know what I mean.

shaz

ive always felt the further up you go towards the goalies direction, the more experience is needed. ie, its better to have younger attackers and strikers and more experience at the back, with the goalie the most experience.

of course theres always exceptions. ;D

jeromelee

AFCG7 said:
Mancini is super going forward but his defensive qualities dont inspire much cnfidence

I've been a fan of his for a long long time. He's fantastic going forward. But you're right, may have defensive lapse. But I'm sure AW can work on that department if he gets Mancini. Just look at Kolo. Was a little shaky at the start, didn't really know his position but now a solid addition to the back four.

That dude can run with the ball man!! Definitely a great addition to the backline if we can snag him.

westo

Mancini rarely played at right back last season he would normally have someone behind him like Panucci or play as a play as a right wing back with 5 at the back. This guy cannot defend to a good enough standard although his pace is electric.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
This was in last Sunday's People newswpaper....

!Arsène Wenger is closing in on a £1.5m deal for Italian international Massimo Oddo.
The Arsenal chief wants to bring the classy Lazio right-back into Highbury as competition for Cameroon ace Lauren.
Wenger still has cash to spend in the transfer market after pulling out of a £3million move for West Ham's England midfielder Michael Carrick.
The Gunners boss is a long-time admirer of Oddo (capped 13 times for his country) and is keen to bring the defender to London.
Oddo still has two years left on his contract but Lazio, desperate for cash, will let him leave if Arsenal come up with the dough.
Wenger's move for Oddo follows his failed bid to land Ajax's Tunisian international right-back Hatem Trabelsi."

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom