• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Good stuff, zero chance of winning though.

Also, why isnt mbappe there?

Edit; 1999 or younger maybe?
Harvetz should be easy winner the guy is unbelievable goal machine mid. I think no Mbappe because he won it last year?

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Harvetz should be easy winner the guy is unbelievable goal machine mid. I think no Mbappe because he won it last year?
probably true about Mbappe.

Matthijs de Ligt is good as well.

Donyell Malen(Arsenal academy earlier) is on 16 goals and 6 assists in 18 games this season. Ridicilous. (Eredivise tho)

Felix also being an elite talent(not that great for atletico so far, from what i've heard at least)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I thought De Ligt won it last year and he’s nominated.

Joao Felix has to be in the running imo, same with Sancho.

Kingofthebongo

probably true about Mbappe.

Matthijs de Ligt is good as well.

Donyell Malen(Arsenal academy earlier) is on 16 goals and 6 assists in 18 games this season. Ridicilous. (Eredivise tho)

Felix also being an elite talent(not that great for atletico so far, from what i've heard at least)

How did we royally mess up this Donyell Malen thing? Missed out on a large transfer sum, or a player potentially good enough for first team/squad option, freeing us to spend our transfer budget on more needed areas.

How did we royally mess up this Donyell Malen thing? Missed out on a large transfer sum, or a player potentially good enough for first team/squad option, freeing us to spend our transfer budget on more needed areas.

Well we have lost out on some sums with Malen and Gnabry and that has to be written on Gazidis and the transfer team he set up.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
1. His agent is Mino Raiola
2. He left to play first team football that we wouldn't offer him yet. Had he stayed, he likely wouldnt have been doing what he is doing now because he'd have played too little football.
3. We had/have a gaggle of promising strikers at the club. Malens success, while eye-opening, doesn't mean we dont have forwards his age capable of doing very well. Martinelli's 4 goals this season shows that (small sample size aside).

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

1. His agent is Mino Raiola
2. He left to play first team football that we wouldn't offer him yet. Had he stayed, he likely wouldnt have been doing what he is doing now because he'd have played too little football.
3. We had/have a gaggle of promising strikers at the club. Malens success, while eye-opening, doesn't mean we dont have forwards his age capable of doing very well. Martinelli's 4 goals this season shows that (small sample size aside).
We bought him this windows though. Only nketiah around his age that i know of though. Seems we didnt have that many. Couldn't we just loan him ffs.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We bought him this windows though. Only nketiah around his age that i know of though. Seems we didnt have that many. Couldn't we just loan him ffs.
Nketiah and Mavididi both stepped up their development upon his arrival. Can see a few of my older posts in the old Reserves thread on the matter! Nketiah ended up being the last one standing. Malen got a better pathway to first team football and Mavididi got hurt a few too many times before leaving.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Nketiah and Mavididi both stepped up their development upon his arrival. Can see a few of my older posts in the old Reserves thread on the matter! Nketiah ended up being the last one standing. Malen got a better pathway to first team football and Mavididi got hurt a few too many times before leaving.
Mavididi left a year before martinelli arrived? Nketiah havnt been different since martinelli arrived?

9jagooner

I'm not sure what the "hype" is about Mallen. I put hype in quotes because that's what it is now,hype. He may greatly improve over next few years but at this point, we have players at that level better than he is.

Asides his style of play (which I love by the way), players like Nketiah and Stephy were ahead of him at Arsenal U23. Not sure how much you guys watched him when he was here but his conversion ratio was poor compared to the others. He's scoring goals now at PSV but Nketiah and Stephy would score goals at PSV too with all due respect to the league.

That said, I love his courage though. Arsenal wanted to extend his contract but he was bold enough to reject it in favour of moving home for first team football. I'm happy for him. If he was still at Arsenal, he'd still be playing U23 football or be out on loan. Kudos to him.

Tomb Bombadil

I'm not sure what the "hype" is about Mallen. I put hype in quotes because that's what it is now,hype. He may greatly improve over next few years but at this point, we have players at that level better than he is.
And you don't now what would have been if he stayed with us. It's like with musicians, there are so many good ones out there but just a tiny pecentage will make it.

There are so many factors. One of the biggest is competitive playing time and I guess that's why he would be a completely other player if he stayed with us. Then there are others as mental aspects (e.g. self-assessment, confidencnce, pressure), injuries, teams playing style, coach, training, environment... And I guess also luck.

There are players that overperform talentwise and others that underperform like Quaresma, Robinho, Adu, Morrison, Mutu, Pato, Götze. If this players were in other situations with other managers or other teams they could have become world class. And we had some ourselves Wilshere, Diaby, Merida, Reyes,

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

I meant Malen.
Oh.. Good for them i guess. Still feel like we shoulda loaned him out. If he wanted playtime why don't we do that more often? We should get a good relationship with a club and loan out talented youngsters to positions they need to improve. Feels so wierd that we don't have these connections. This club has been runned by idiots without any idea how to run a football club long term. You can see alot of clubs are far ahead of us in developing youngsters, getting them loans with good playtime.

Makes me very dissapointed. Really hope the spanish brigade can sort this kind of sh1t out.

On topic:
Happy for Guendouzi to be called up but he surely have a bit of a path to be playing except for the odd sub. France got such a talented team. They are basically germany 8 years ago. But with a messi/ronaldo esque talent

9jagooner

Eda
And you don't now what would have been if he stayed with us. It's like with musicians, there are so many good ones out there but just a tiny pecentage will make it.

There are so many factors. One of the biggest is competitive playing time and I guess that's why he would be a completely other player if he stayed with us. Then there are others as mental aspects (e.g. self-assessment, confidencnce, pressure), injuries, teams playing style, coach, training, environment... And I guess also luck.

There are players that overperform talentwise and others that underperform like Quaresma, Robinho, Adu, Morrison, Mutu, Pato, Götze. If this players were in other situations with other managers or other teams they could have become world class. And we had some ourselves Wilshere, Diaby, Merida, Reyes,
Exactly. I don't know what would have been.
It's the reason I'm a big fan of sending our youngsters on loan. It helps them mentally and gives opportunity for first team football.
In Mallen's case, he decided to leave and that's fine. Would he have debuted for the Dutch team if he was on loan at Derby for example, maybe not. But at the moment, he isn't at the point where I'd say, let's bring him back. IMO, Nketiah will score loads of goals in the Dutch league too.

Happy for him!

Still a long way to go defensively and positioning wise but think his mentality is unrivaled, even by matured and seasoned players!

Hopefully he can keep improving and we can find a right partner for him in near future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom