• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: Lad of Luscious Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I’d wager Emery didn’t intend to use him as much, until he saw the train wreck of midfield options he was left with—add to that a non- defending no.10 and I think his hand was forced somewhat, because the kid had so much stamina.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’d wager Emery didn’t intend to use him as much, until he saw the train wreck of midfield options he was left with—add to that a non- defending no.10 and I think his hand was forced somewhat, because the kid had so much stamina.
Now who's bringing up personal agendas? :p

Why haven't you ever spoken about non defending wingers or forwards.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Definitely suffered from being overexposed, the guy was being put in constantly during the late fall and early winter and it took a toll I think. His game seemed to decline as the season went on because of it.

I'm optimistic he'll improve next season, especially if Emery learns from this season and is a bit more careful with him.
Why is it when I mentioned the possibility of this during that exact time I was told I don't know what I am talking about (wasn't you but still). Madness.

darkgunner

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Played really well today. A full PL season under his belt at 19 (his first season of first team football), lots of highs and lows, but can only learn and improve from that. Just needs to eradicate the 'going down easy' and slow releasing of the ball.

Definitely gonna be a big player.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

lol that seems stupidly inaccurate, he should be way down that list. Guys like Havertz who are behind him have had way more impact and end product for their teams.

Declan Rice has also been better than him this season in the PL.

Well Rice had his second season in EPL. He is also HG. So why value Guendouzi more when similar age?

I'm not one to argue with professionals who do CIES. I really like Guendouzi as a persona too. Lovely but with a fight and spirit!

Can we once be happy we landed great talent who did very very much over the top performance in 1st season against the expectations?

His worth now is like 7x the money he cost. Wow! Great job for Emery too playing him.

Do we know if he was Mislintat or Emery choice? Emery played against Guendouzi at some point I think?

drippin

Well Rice had his second season in EPL. He is also HG. So why value Guendouzi more when similar age?

I'm not one to argue with professionals who do CIES. I really like Guendouzi as a persona too. Lovely but with a fight and spirit!

Can we once be happy we landed great talent who did very very much over the top performance in 1st season against the expectations?

His worth now is like 7x the money he cost. Wow! Great job for Emery too playing him.

Do we know if he was Mislintat or Emery choice? Emery played against Guendouzi at some point I think?

Actually Emery haters can think how much money buying and playing Guendouzi alone has "brought" us. I give you a hint: it is UCL kind of money.

Ashybashy86

Actually Emery haters can think how much money buying and playing Guendouzi alone has "brought" us. I give you a hint: it is UCL kind of money.
I read on Twitter around the time he was signed that we were on the verge of signing Yacine Adli, but Emery wanted Guendouzi instead. Although, I also read that it was Adli who changed his mind.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu

el57

I can't take this list seriously, Guendouzi has had a solid debut season but surely the likes of Havertz, Vinicius, Foden and Kean are all worth more than Guendouzi? Havertz and Vinicius especially have at times been the best players for their teams this season
Havertz and Vinicius, I agree. Foden hasn't played much, surely not enough to judge him. And Kean I would place above, but then again strikers can be streaky and it's showing a consistency that you need.

For what it's worth, my non-Arsenal supporting mates who watch most of our matches all think Guendouzi is a really impressive, despite some obvious rawness and youthful inconsistency. He plays in a position that requires a good amount of intelligence and calm, and he seems to have those attributes.

drippin

Havertz and Vinicius, I agree. Foden hasn't played much, surely not enough to judge him. And Kean I would place above, but then again strikers can be streaky and it's showing a consistency that you need.

For what it's worth, my non-Arsenal supporting mates who watch most of our matches all think Guendouzi is a really impressive, despite some obvious rawness and youthful inconsistency. He plays in a position that requires a good amount of intelligence and calm, and he seems to have those attributes.

Good post. I have a Tottenham fan friend (who isn't too serious about fandom, and I'm from Finland) and follows Guendouzi in Instagram or Twitter. I think you like to hear that heh, but he isn't like what you think of Tottenham fans. He loves good football etc. most, football being the important word, although its more like all sports.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
started shaky but grew into the match brilliantly. top talent. needs a summer to get his fitness level up and we are in for a treat

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I love that he offers a way of playing out of a press from deep. However he needs to make sure that the risky pass through the lines is on. There was a moment yesterday where he tried to play it forward to someone but the recipient wasn't expecting the pass and the opposition got to it. This was in our own half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom