• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matthew Upson

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Upson is better than Toure presently. And back when Upson was let go, he was way behind the starting pair. Would he be way behind them now? No.

He wouldnt be the ideal signing for me - but he's proven in the Premiership, wouldn't take a settling in period (which considering our current plight is very important) and would add strength in the air. I'd rather Hangeland but can't see that happening.

If it was to happen, It'd be Nik and nothing for him and if that was the case I'd be happy go for it.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Upson would be a good choice to compete with Djourou for the spot alongside Gallas, and he is still young enough to be a stop gap, when Gallas moves on. However, he is in no way shape or form worth paying 12 million for.

nazo

Established Member
I'd rather take Agger at 15 million than take Upson at 12.

Apparently Agger is moving to AC Milan for 7.5 million btw.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Its the usual British Premium bullshit. I would doubt anyone values Upson more, but fact is if Platini manages to sweet talk the EU into this quota thing, then we're gonna need more English players. Not that many English CB AVAILABLE than Upson. Hence the frankly ridiculous price

kamikaze80

Established Member
bluenaz said:
I'd rather take Agger at 15 million than take Upson at 12.

Apparently Agger is moving to AC Milan for 7.5 million btw.
what is wenger waiting for? make an 11m offer for agger then.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
HollandGooner said:
What a joke from Wenger this would be,
a few years ago he was to bad? and now he is arsenal quality? please go on with the next.

He isnt better then Gallas, otherwise Gallas seems to leave in the summer we still have Touré and Djourou we dont need Upson but a proven youngster.aka (Richards) or someone like that.

I'm quite certain Keown has something to say about that sentiment surely! It's quite intriguing to see people judge a player based on what he was 4 or even 2 years ago rather than what he is now, Matthew is a solid defender and I'm quite certain he'll add some steel to our back four if this happens.
this is a same sort of nonsense people came up with in Jimmy's thread. I bet if his name was Antonio Mozzarella, was hailing from Italy, and had a youtube clip like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2M6WqmQSF8 half of the forum would have been creaming all over him by now.

progman07

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Even more of a joke would be offering more for Matty Upson than we've offered so far for Andrei Arshavin.

Which is why it's obviously bollocks.
:lol: :lol: Just realized that myself. Wenger's a really funny man, isn't he?

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
NIPOLOPO said:
HollandGooner said:
a few years ago he was to bad? and now he is arsenal quality? please go on with the next.

He isnt better then Gallas, otherwise Gallas seems to leave in the summer we still have Touré and Djourou we dont need Upson but a proven youngster.aka (Richards) or someone like that.

I'm quite certain Keown has something to say about that sentiment surely! It's quite intriguing to see people judge a player based on what he was 4 or even 2 years ago rather than what he is now, Matthew is a solid defender and I'm quite certain he'll add some steel to our back four if this happens.
this is a same sort of nonsense people came up with in Jimmy's thread. I bet if his name was Antonio Mozzarella, was hailing from Italy, and had a youtube clip like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2M6WqmQSF8 half of the forum would have been creaming all over him by now.

LMAO :shock: Cygan you legend

RammiXP

NIPOLOPO said:
HollandGooner said:

Lol what a brilliant video, proves that anyonecan look good on youtube! :p

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
irishgunnerz said:
Actually some of Cygans tackling in that were impressive :p

He's tall,bald, and from the look of it, one mean hard tackling bastard. surely that's what we all been crying out for? Even 'arry hand picks his players off of youtube, why shouldn't we?

go49oner

Established Member
Cygan had more bollox than half of our current team. shame he wasnt great defender, but hey he played his part in the invincible season, that, no one can take that away from him.

longrufus

Established Member
Indeed he was, Vygan couldnt cope with the pace of the league, he always did better when he played in the CL for us, and looked a better player when he moved to Villareal.

kamikaze80

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1121438/Benitez-blast-Liverpools-owners-pushing-Agger-Milan-insists-Rafa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Rafa.html</a>

theyre skint. we should swoop. agger and bendtner would be a nice little danish contingent.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom