• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Cazorla praising Wenger in a Sun article today:

Cazorla said: "Arsène always supported me. He renewed my contract before the first operation, which was an incredible gesture.

"He called me in and said: ‘Santi, I’m going to give you the optional year. It’s here, sign it, have your operation with peace of mind.’ That helped me focus on my rehabilitation without fear. I’m eternally grateful for that."

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Cazorla said: "Arséne always supported me. He renewed my contract before the first operation, which was an incredible gesture.

"He called me in and said: ‘Santi, I’m going to give you the optional year. It’s here, sign it, have your operation with peace of mind.’ That helped me focus on my rehabilitation without fear. I’m eternally grateful for that."
It's like his biggest strength (class) is his biggest weakness, but only because of how twisted the game has become

carlito'sway

Established Member

Cazorla said: "Arséne always supported me. He renewed my contract before the first operation, which was an incredible gesture.

Read that as well. Although a lot of people were moaning about Santi's extension, that was a classy gesture from Arsène and Santi totally deserved it.

Last edited:

Uncle Good-Advice

It's like his biggest strength (class) is his biggest weakness, but only because of how twisted the game has become

I'm in two minds about this whole story. On one hand it's admirable to show compassion and class. But on the other hand we're not talking about peanuts and Santi, as much as I truly sympathize, is a multi-millionaire who probably was insured for that kind of injury.

Wenger didn't offer money from his own pockets - that would be truly class. He gave several million pounds of club's money, which could (and probably should) be spent on a player who will improve our squad. There were other ways - I would gladly chip in with few quid of my own to aid Santi's recovery if needed. Many others surely would do the same. That would serve as a psychological boost as well I believe.

It's like selling Fabregas to low-balling Barca because of Wenger's promise to him. Both situation cost club the money and we all know about our financial constraints. And what good came for Arsenal from Wenger's loyalty to his players? Next to nothing...

IslingtonBornandbred

I'm in two minds about this whole story. On one hand it's admirable to show compassion and class. But on the other hand we're not talking about peanuts and Santi, as much as I truly sympathize, is a multi-millionaire who probably was insured for that kind of injury.

Wenger didn't offer money from his own pockets - that would be truly class. He gave several million pounds of club's money, which could (and probably should) be spent on a player who will improve our squad. There were other ways - I would gladly chip in with few quid of my own to aid Santi's recovery if needed. Many others surely would do the same. That would serve as a psychological boost as well I believe.

It's like selling Fabregas to low-balling Barca because of Wenger's promise to him. Both situation cost club the money and we all know about our financial constraints. And what good came for Arsenal from Wenger's loyalty to his players? Next to nothing...

Yeah you are right on that. Arsenal and Cazorla are fortunate and it's a nice gesture but it's hardly an amazing story. I mean, there are League 2 and Conference players who have given and sacrificed everything without an education to just play football full time for £500 a week and I know plenty of cases where players get a serious injury and then end up struggling to pay for a block of 10 physiotherapy appointments because they have rent and bills to try and pay for. To think that Cazorla or any top level player "deserves" an additional year contract worth millions whilst they are out injured does a disservice to those lower down the pyramid who would really struggle to survive if they get injured and don't have any salary being paid, which is often the case. I'm not knocking Wenger, Cazorla or Arsenal but it's definitely a different world from examples such as the one I gave.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

No idea of the finer details but I would imagine as the initial injury / failed surgery took place under club duty Santi would have been entitled to ongoing payment be it for a set period or until recovery.

Giving him the extra year probably cost us a bit more but not a huge difference. The club also has them all insured.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don’t know what the hit count is like on here, but I imagine it’s taken a dive since Wenger left. Some notable posters disappearing as well.

It’s like therapy, a lot of posters come on just to vent. While we’re in a ‘wait and see’ period there’s no fuel for anger.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
No idea of the finer details but I would imagine as the initial injury / failed surgery took place under club duty Santi would have been entitled to ongoing payment be it for a set period or until recovery.

Giving him the extra year probably cost us a bit more but not a huge difference. The club also has them all insured.
Diaby's insurance must have been half our annual budget

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
Don’t know what the hit count is like on here, but I imagine it’s taken a dive since Wenger left. Some notable posters disappearing as well.

It’s like therapy, a lot of posters come on just to vent. While we’re in a ‘wait and see’ period there’s no fuel for anger.

i think everyone is adjusting to the new reality.
New manager, new owner, new style.

It is weird to see @Jury the biggest Wenger hater, I'm talking about unhealthy hatred for a another human being level of hate is gone now after he finally got his wishes of new manager.

Hoping he is alright and doing well! But sometime I wake up at nights and think of him and I start fearing the worst!

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
It is weird to see @Jury the biggest Wenger hater, I'm talking about unhealthy hatred for a another human being level of hate is gone now after he finally got his wishes of new manager.

Hoping he is alright and doing well! But sometime I wake up at nights and think of him and I start fearing the worst!

Got a feeling this might bring him back.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom