• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Glad to hear from respective source that it was actually Wenger who decided to step down, not that he was fired. Good to get it confirmed !

Gotta be honest here, where did the fired narrative even come from? Ornstein even confirmed it was Wengers decision to step down. The board hadn't even got a proper plan in place to replace him a year earlier when Wenger was also considering stepping aside.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Jack spoke about how the players were shocked when they heard Wenger had been sacked - his words - but he's quite capable, I'm sure, of getting it wrong

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Arsène Wenger has denied claims he has retired - although he is unsure if he will return to management.

Wenger, 68, left Arsenal at the end of last season and has since been linked with a number of jobs in Europe - both on the touchline and in the boardroom.

He insists he is in no rush to make a decision on if and when he will take his next post.

"To be honest, for the moment, I have not really thought about that," Wenger told L'Est Republicain.

"I fixed myself something whereby in the first few months I would not take any decisions. It is not even going through my head.

"I am not retired. If I was I would have been for a long time. I will be 69 in October."

Wenger then insisted he didn't know if he would take another manager's job.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Man U would not dare take a risk on Wenger imo . Although when you have French players like a Pogba and Martial he's probably better suited to bring the best out of them then Mourinho is .

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I would love to know Wengers view on Emery's Arsenal. Wenger is a gentleman and an Arsenal fan, I'm sure he would have positive things to say but I guess this season is too early for him to give his judgement, and I guess it would be a bit of an admission that we could have done better under him. I'm sure he'll have something to say by the end of the season.

Re rumours that he may not manage again, I hope they are true. He seems to have surprised himself with "life after footy" so I hope he just enjoys his life and relaxes, God knows he's earned it!

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Re rumours that he may not manage again, I hope they are true. He seems to have surprised himself with "life after footy" so I hope he just enjoys his life and relaxes, God knows he's earned it!

I'd love to see him manage for a couple of season tbh. Even if it was another PL club! But he wouldn't do that, so just any club at that. Very curious regarding how he would do at another club.

Expectations have changed. Emery will be praised if he gets top 4 and manages to stay in there. Wenger was vilified and mocked for doing just that.

Well, the problem with Wenger is that he failed to a) mount a title challenge, b) do better in the CL, c) keep playing attractive football as he did earlier, and at the end even d) keep us inside the top 4 - all despite our net spend increasing greatly towards his last seasons. We actually began spending yet became worse, that made no sense. I could probably live with top 4 finishes and quarter-final exits in the CL if we played great football against the smaller sides, but since 2016/17 he just had to go.

pacstud

Whilst I love Emery, still feel so sorry for Arséne.

Expectations have changed. Emery will be praised if he gets top 4 and manages to stay in there. Wenger was vilified and mocked for doing just that.
That being said, I think we can all gratefully admit that Emery is getting more out of these guys than Wenger was.

The real question is whether or not this is merely a honeymoon phase or if Emery and his style have any staying power.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Whilst I love Emery, still feel so sorry for Arséne.

The difference is that top 4 was Wenger's ceiling, whereas it's just a means to an end for Emery. CL football will help recruitment to build a team that challenge for the title in 19/20.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom