• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Michael Carrick

sabret00the

Established Member
he's an alternative Cesc, a good one at that, great option to have, now all we need is an alternative to Diaby/Gilberto (replacement for Gilberto).

Army of Me

Established Member
would be a good signing - we need some good players we can rotate in midfield, i mean lets face it, we're not keeping song (fingers crossed) and he's a far better player in midfield than flamini and arguably gilberto (i say arguably because some of you actually rate gilberto).

in no particular order this is a very decent group of central midfielders...

fabregas
diaby
gilberto
carrick
flamini

A

Anonymous

if you believe, the sun, the mirror , news of the world etc your a bigger mug then the man who makes up these stories

sabret00the

Established Member
let's not even get into the debate regarding the sports pages of the NOTW/Sun.

but let's say that Carrick has two and a half years left on his contract, he's only being paid 15k p/w and it seems neither him nor Sp**s are in a rush to sign a new deal, allowing contract to move to the other side of north london for £5-8m would be a fantastic business move for Sp**s, however, the problem is, they don't have a replacement for what he offers and he'd be coming to be a plan b for us.

However we are so reluctant to rest Cesc because his passing is that huge to our game, Carrick can offset that, however i beleive Cesc's tackling ability is that little bit better than Carrick's already so if Cesc knuckles down it's fair to say he'll be superior in nearly every way.

Does Carrick want to come to warm the bench? i'm not totally sure, but he could help us out, however this move would reaffirm my thoughts that we need more of an all rounder to partner them (Cesc and Carrick) and i just can't see Gilberto meeting the requirements (or even Diaby right now, maybe in two seasons).

It's interesting to say the least.

A

Anonymous

Does Carrick want to come to warm the bench?

im sorry mate everything else i agree on but this statement. carrick is definatley not going to warm the bench, he has proven this season he is vital to there success and stature. with davids surley on the way out and unable to put the performances week in week out it would be a disaster to loose such a player as carrick.

slydogg

why would **** sell him to us, it wont happen and it never will **** wouldnt do it even if they were in administration
they would sell him to another team just to keep him from going to arsenal

Amadeor

Sp**s have a very good attacking midfielder lined up. Through Jol's connections, they'll get a player from Holland or Belgium. Mark my words.

A

Anonymous

well i know one player that is on jol's list and he has had scouts to watch of late
christian wilhelmssonn and emanuel sarki.
not sure if routledge will make it at Sp**s. maybe a farfan or beasley may come in to up the standerd

Amadeor

Tottenham have followed Wilhelmsson for two years already. There are better and younger alternatives which I know are watched very carefully.

slydogg

we need a strong imposing player i saw carrick getting flopped by micah richards thats not what we need another player with good skill and technique but can be out muscled easily

invisibleman18

Established Member
Would be a fantastic signing IMO. Don't know why we passed up the chance to sign him last time. Can't see us signing him after we passed up one chance though, and Sp*rs would not sell to us.

Gurgen

Established Member
invisibleman18 said:
Would be a fantastic signing IMO. Don't know why we passed up the chance to sign him last time.

Because Vieira chose to stay for another year.

Amadeor

For me, he is not good enough. We've got Cesc in that position. All we need is a monster defensive midfielder, which I hope you understand, Carrick is anything but.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
We had the chance and now its gone. Hes at the **** and they will not sell him especially to us for cheap.

We have Cesc in that mould anyway.

Viper

Established Member
We need a Mamadou Diarra, not Carrick. Diarra has looked brilliant for Lyon whenever I've seen him play. He is much better than Gilberto and he seems to be a very good DMF. He can tackle better than Gilberto and is a lot stronger than him.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom