• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Michael Carrick

AFCG7

Established Member
Appiah has improved a lot.. at Juve he just didnt seem that good.. but for GHana he has been in top form.. not really sure about him though.
As for Carrick..i'd be surprised if we signed him for anythng over 10 million.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
And where would this pinnacle of averageness play?

Defensively, I'd rather have Gilberto.

Attacking wise, Cesc gets my vote.

We already have Hleb and Rosicky that can play in the center and are miles better than him.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
carrick? no way. Sp**s won'y sell to us on a cheap. furthermore he is not those tough tackling midfielder that can bolster our squad

Legend#1

Established Member
Not as good offensively as Cesc.

Not as good defensively as Gilberto.

I do rate him.

But there are far better options out there.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Sp**s will let Carrick go once they know Zokora accepts their bid......he will most likely join Man Utd simply because of the price tag.

Meanwhile, Zokora waits to hear from Arsène while Arsène waits to hear from Gurgen.

kamikaze80

Established Member
Legend#1 said:

I do rate him.

he wont be worth whatever price Sp**s are holding out for, but you could also say hes better defensively than cesc and better offensively than gilberto.

Corny

We won't sign Carrick, Sp**s would not sell for less than £12m since they could probably get that elsewhere given the inflated UK home grown market.

We can certainly spend the money better elsewhere.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Gurgen said:
I thought you were Arsène's personal toilet cleaner? I'm baffled.

When I applied for the job they said it was already taken by your mother.

I guess that's where you get all your insight from.

kamikaze80

Established Member
careful now, you might get suspended for a week. where is tegh anyway, i thought he was supposed to be back yesterday?

Viper

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
Legend#1 said:

I do rate him.

he wont be worth whatever price Sp**s are holding out for, but you could also say hes better defensively than cesc and better offensively than gilberto.
It doesn't matter whether he is offensively better than Gilberto as Gil doesn't play in an attacking role. His job is to break up attacks, not to provide creativity to the team.

I also can't see Carrick fitting in our starting 11 and he'd be quite pricey.

There are better options availible for us.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
kooldawg said:
British homegrown players are too over priced, anyone know the reason why?

Because talented English players are few and far between making them seem special talents. Young Italian, French, Spanish talents are far less rare.

Carrick is an excellent player, but wouldn't be my choice but if we did sign him (very unlikely) - Wenger knows best.

legandary

Carrick would be bought to hold the midfield, like Gilberto does, but his vision and range of passing is far better. Honestly would not mind seeing him come to us, but it is unlikely this will happen.

I also agree that there are probably better players out there who could do the same type of thing. All i know is Gilberto needs competition and strong competition at that. I do like the guy, but i do believe he is the weakest link in a full strength arsenal team (which is nothing to be ashamed of) so i would love to see another solid def mid come in. Its a shame Diaby got injured because i believe Arsène had big plans for him, hence his huge dissapointment after the injury.

And song is not good enough in my opinion, and i am surprised we actually bought him....however Wenger Knows! And thats good enough for me.

qs

Established Member
Carricks not good enough. Gilberto is a better DM and Cesc and Tom are better attacking.

Frankly he isnt fit to clean Fabs boots.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom