• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Gunners1616

I was 'Arteta out' since he refused to give Saliba a single minute while consistently playing clowns like Mustati or even Kolasinac at CB at times. He was also consistently picking Nketiah over Martinelli. Those 2 decisions alone were BIG red flags. That just means he can't see talents.

A lot of people think the squad is bad but i'm convinced we could have better used Martinelli/Saliba/AMN and integrated Balogun by now.

It really feels like Mikel has been here experimenting for 5 years. We went through some rough sh*t really

-playing 5 at the back forever when it was obviously not working
-Aubameyang on the left consistently (it never worked), sometimes even on the right side.
-Mustafi playing consistently despite his errors / Kolasinac playing
-David Luiz's errors/red cards
-Nketiah playing 9 consistently over Lacazette and Auba'
-Willian as a false 9 at City
-Loads of games without a shot on target before the very end
-The crossing phase with his theory that if you cross about 50 times a game you'll get goals... "it's maths"...
-Mesut exiled
-Getting rid' of AMN/Guendouzi/Torreira just to have Elneny back from Turkey or wherever he was
-Pepe and Laca' often benched after good displays
-Nelson, Balogun not used enough
-Keeps changing the entire defense
-Now ESR as false 9

The list goes on and on but bottom line is we got exactly what we paid for. A cheap rookie manager learning on the job and trying random sh*ts that he should have been trying in a small club first.

Last edited:

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I was 'Arteta out' since he refused to give Saliba a single minute while consistently playing clowns like Mustati or even Kolasinac at CB at times. He was also consistently ...
Aubameyang on the left consistently (it never worked), sometimes even on the right side.
-Mustafi playing consistently despite his errors / Kolasinac playing
-David Luiz's errors/red cards
-Nketiah playing 9 consistently over
If anything he's been hardly consistent about anything useful. The only thing he's been consistent about is turning us into a bog-standard midtable team.

So, about the team mgmt. issues, he's the epitome of Mr.Inconsistency

TakeChillPill

Established Member
For this team 5th-6th in the league and EL final is about par in my opinion.

Arteta has really underperformed this season. Admittedly his tactical astuteness has worked well in the big 6 games. However team that we would regularly destroy under Wenger we're struggling to beat.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This, sadly

Arteta is a conceited, arrogant poseur.

His jackets tell the whole story.

An absolute arse-hole
As hilarious as this is, if we’re being rational, he’s just an inexperienced person learning on the job. No different to a young player in a key role before he’s ready.

I genuinely believe Arteta’s intentions are sincere and not self serving, but he’s taken to an overly mechanical approach to compensate for a lack of intuitive leadership. He’s not the first junior leader to do that.

He’ll be a better coach for this experience but it came far too soon for him. He’ll be allowed to see out the season, but I don’t think he’ll be here beyond that.

Wounded Healer

Arteta has proven he is relegation material, wouldn't succeed in league 1. Gargantuan failure wtf people are smoking there. Xhaka lb instead of saka and this Ceballos at cm instead for god sake. wtf is going on with this club. saliba martinelli getting hanged for willian and luiz OMG! ****ing disaster class. doesnt deserve to manage the mustard on the sausages at the emirates.

balthazar

... when you realize there are 29 points down to rubbish Sheffield, and 34 points to ManCity. and 15 points to Top4 and 19 to relegation. Midtable indeed!
If Arsenal goes not have a good next season with a respectable finish and marked improvement, then it has to be Goodbye to Arteta.

Vicki

... when you realize there are 29 points down to rubbish Sheffield, and 34 points to ManCity. and 15 points to Top4 and 19 to relegation. Midtable indeed!
If Arsenal goes not have a good next season with a respectable finish and marked improvement, then it has to be Goodbye to Arteta.
We had a manic Saturday here, but now it's Sunday morning.
Ablutions over, chill-out compilation playing, and I'm in a good place.

It's actually quite reasonable to give Arteta the whole of next season to get the process to...err...process.
We shouldn't be chopping and changing the manager like Chelsea, ManU, etc.
A project is built on strong foundations and we need to bond together to make us stronger as a unit...

But...

if that arsehat loses to the tottenham of the north this afternoon then he should be tarred and feathered and made to walk home, with his P45 stuck where the sun don't shine!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I never understood keeping managers longer time brings stability. In football there is nothing that indicates this. They love to use to abnormalities in wenger and fergie as reason. But I really don’t see a downfall to clubs changing managers every 2 years

Iceman10

Established Member
We had a manic Saturday here, but now it's Sunday morning.
Ablutions over, chill-out compilation playing, and I'm in a good place.

It's actually quite reasonable to give Arteta the whole of next season to get the process to...err...process.
We shouldn't be chopping and changing the manager like Chelsea, ManU, etc.
A project is built on strong foundations and we need to bond together to make us stronger as a unit...

But...

if that arsehat loses to the tottenham of the north this afternoon then he should be tarred and feathered and made to walk home, with his P45 stuck where the sun don't shine!
This isn't very well timed in all fairness after the debacle that was the first leg against Villareal. Selection, tactics, game plan, in-match management was all a disaster zone and we are lucky to still be in the tie because Emery lacked ruthlessness for the second half. It is becoming clear that our consistency issues are not just due to a supposed "project" in process, but likely are mainly due to Mikel's management. If he is adversely impacting us in a significant way we cannot just keep doubling down with him. If he pulls off the EL trophy he won't be fired, but he rightly is on very thin ice with fans at the moment, even if there is a blind leading the blind thing going on at the club at present, across Arteta, owners, and club executives.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom