• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The first goal would never happen if Xhaka was playing instead of him, and I think we looked better with him and Ceballos today than what we usually look like.
Elneny is not a great player or anything close to that, but he's definitely an improvement over Xhaka, so I'd stick with him in case we can't buy players this season.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
The first goal would never happen if Xhaka was playing instead of him, and I think we looked better with him and Ceballos today than what we usually look like.
Elneny is not a great player or anything close to that, but he's definitely an improvement over Xhaka, so I'd stick with him in case we can't buy players this season.
I wouldn't say Elneny is a better player than Xhaka. But Elneny-Ceballos is a more balanced pairing and it lets us play 4 atb. Elneny can be trusted to protect the defense much better than Xhaka, which lets Ceballos to move forward freely.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
This fella had actually had some really good forward passes if only he had the courage and vision to make them more often. Failing that, if he could improve his tackling that would help. He's solid and fairly dependable and today was a good game by him.

Impact

Established Member
You know what Elneny will provide.

A stable, dependable pivot who will make the right decision most of the time, happily execute instructions and tirelessly do the less glamorous aspects of the game. Ultimately though, at the top level, you need more. You need more invention, more creativity and more ingenuity. That's not his game. He shouldn't be maligned for that but it's why he should only be considered as a depth option.

We desperately need to get a new 6/8 over the line. 2nd place is up for grabs this year.

OSBK

Established Member
He is dreadful.

Liverpool- doesnt make the squad
City- doesnt make the squad
Chelsea- doesnt make the squad
Sp**s- doesnt make the squad
Man utd- doesnt make the squad
Everton- maybe just maybe makes the bench
Wolves- maybe makes the bench
Leeds- maybe makes the bench

Arsenal- first name on the teamsheet o_O

Gooner1988TK

I like him and as mentioned should be used for depth. I would like to see him developed into a utility player who could play all across the midfield when required and possibly fullback positions if we are really short or for resting players.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
You know what Elneny will provide.

A stable, dependable pivot who will make the right decision most of the time, happily execute instructions and tirelessly do the less glamorous aspects of the game. Ultimately though, at the top level, you need more. You need more invention, more creativity and more ingenuity. That's not his game. He shouldn't be maligned for that but it's why he should only be considered as a depth option.

We desperately need to get a new 6/8 over the line. 2nd place is up for grabs this year.

he can do that too, but he is just doing his job as told.

He does what his role is. play safe. He moves up and passes forward when instructed and allowed. He has playmaking skills, passing range and can carry the ball forward. Has a great shot on him too.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

By far the fittest midfielder we have. I expect him to play more minutes than xhaka and ceballos this season m. Will be huge for us this season

shoot for the top

I think some posters are wishing for too much, his role is to keep the ball moving, make interceptions, and shield the back 4. He is a good 6. He is making twice the amount of interceptions per game compared to Allan whose team is in the first place right now. The problem isn't him. It is the players around Elneny.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He is dreadful.

Liverpool- doesnt make the squad
City- doesnt make the squad
Chelsea- doesnt make the squad
Sp**s- doesnt make the squad
Man utd- doesnt make the squad
Everton- maybe just maybe makes the bench
Wolves- maybe makes the bench
Leeds- maybe makes the bench

Arsenal- first name on the teamsheet o_O

What does any of that have to do with how he’s playing right now?

He’s been given an opportunity since being back from loan and has clearly improved since he was last here. Same warped logic was used by people on Martinez.

Nobody anywhere has ever said he’s the first name on the teamsheet and you know that.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He’s been given an opportunity since being back from loan and has clearly improved since he was last here
He didn't improve at all, but when you get a couple of years of Xhaka, you definitely start to appreciate any player who can run and win the ball.

If we sign anyone today, both he and Xhaka will be on the bench, one could possibly end up out of the match squad if everyone is fit

OSBK

Established Member
What does any of that have to do with how he’s playing right now?

He’s been given an opportunity since being back from loan and has clearly improved since he was last here. Same warped logic was used by people on Martinez.

Nobody anywhere has ever said he’s the first name on the teamsheet and you know that.

Why bring martinez in to this? The guy had a handfull of good games and peeps were acting like he was the best since seaman.

Neny hasnt improved anywhere enough to be in a side in the top 4, he never will. While he is on the pitch he will always get my support but im not happy our competitors have vastly superior players in that position. If we sign partey its ok as your boy will be on 50k on the bench.

Reminds me of Henderson in the way he keeps things simple and takes care of business. A CM of him as our deepest CM behind Partey and Ceballos should be quite good imo.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
By far the fittest midfielder we have. I expect him to play more minutes than xhaka and ceballos this season m. Will be huge for us this season
I think some posters are wishing for too much, his role is to keep the ball moving, make interceptions, and shield the back 4. He is a good 6. He is making twice the amount of interceptions per game compared to Allan whose team is in the first place right now. The problem isn't him. It is the players around Elneny.

Honest question. Do you guys enjoy Arsenal being mediocre?

Gegen Pressing

Great Welcome Back Partey!
Warmly welcomed me back. Gave me few good games, pat on the back and then signed a replacement .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom