• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Moises Caicedo

Would you meet the £80m asking price?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Brighton publicly said 90 million according to Independent Uk. It is happening if Edu decides it is worth 80 million maybe and incentives. If Edu puts 80 million down no way they walk but real question if it is too inflated. I think kid is 60 million pound player
If his value is lets say 60m then its about right for Brighton to ask for 80-90m at the end of the January window.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If they are going to go 90m pounds, we might as well top up another 15m and activate Enzo's release clause.

We also have to becareful not to go too high or everyone fleece us like Chelsea.

Show hand to the poker dude, then take it or leave it.
Activating release clause means paying it in one go. That is very bad for FFP. Chelsea does 7-8 deals to amortize the cost for FFP, and even they won't pay Enzo's release clause.

I also saw some rumour that the release clause might have something in it that can make the cost rise to 160 million.

Activating Partey's or Zubimendi's release clause was/is difficult enough. I can see no way Arsenal can or will activate Enzo's release clause. It's way too much money in one go. Wishlist stuff.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

£80M is mental, but he takes us so much closer to winning the league this year and would help with consistent CL.

Agreed. I’m all for this signing if it helps us win the PL this season as that should be the goal. It’s been many years that we’ve fooled around not addressing the midfield adequately but now we’re finally rumoured to be doing so there are some people questioning the signing.

The club can never win.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'm concerned about Caicedo's ball playing ability. I feel like from the stats and highlights I have seen from him, he doesnt look like someone who has an impressive touch or range of passing.

If that is the case, then we would be overpaying here considerably just because there is only so much he would be able to give us.

Its 2023, if you are paying big money for a DM they need to be able to either distribute to a top level or evade the press to a top level. Has to be one of the 2 unless they are literally Casemiro/Kante levels on the defensive side of things.

I am not gonna pretend this is coming from me watching him properly, if someone who watches him regularly can elighten me here it would be appreciated.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I haven’t seen anything on YouTube that highlights his passing / press resistance / forward progression. Is he basically a Coquelin type? A bit worried about this one given the fee

FnKZ66jaEAMlE-P

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Pay whatever. Partey might be injured again. We are so stupid risking him outside PL when we have no other option. Our title hopes depend on him, signing Caicedo gives us some safety. Don’t care about 10 or 20 million more. We cannot go into the tail end of the season counting on Partey staying fit.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Absolutely loving this saga.

Reckon one of you lot won't be able to hold on to your sanity and go full on Truth Hurts or Football_Manager meltdown modes.

It'll be A__G.

The death threats he's received for rating Cedric and Mari along with the latter leaving this window have left him teetering on the edge of sanity.

One more plagiarized Romano tweet could send him over the edge.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'm concerned about Caicedo's ball playing ability. I feel like from the stats and highlights I have seen from him, he doesnt look like someone who has an impressive touch or range of passing.

If that is the case, then we would be overpaying here considerably just because there is only so much he would be able to give us.

Its 2023, if you are paying big money for a DM they need to be able to either distribute to a top level or evade the press to a top level. Has to be one of the 2 unless they are literally Casemiro/Kante levels on the defensive side of things.

I am not gonna pretend this is coming from me watching him properly, if someone who watches him regularly can elighten me here it would be appreciated.
Why would we overpaying him? Because we are in 28th of Jan, have el neny and Partey injured and our chance to win a league in 19 years are hanging by a thread? We are in super desperate situation and we will pay 90 million if that’s what they want

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
It'll be A__G.

The death threats he's received for rating Cedric and Mari along with the latter leaving this window have left him teetering on the edge of sanity.

One more plagiarized Romano tweet could send him over the edge.

Nah, the man is rock solid. If he can handle his case load with a couple of designated posters, he can handle this saga.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

To me he seems like a complete player, still young of course so needs to improve, he has been said to be Kante of Ecuador. But to me it looks like he might have better passing range. The stats at least back this up from FBref, but haven't compared to Kante, and that comparison is a bit silly at this point. His stats this season are close enough to Partey and Rice.

Seems quite technical to me. Not only a simply a Bissouma type, you can see it when you compare Bissouma's stats from his last Brighton season. I put those FBref comparisons in this thread earlier.

Haven't watched him regularly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom