• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Monreal: Nacho 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Has he always been this whiny? Cries to the ref all the time now

I guess I should now I am also getting cranky with age

This is a behavior most Spanish players have (including other nationalities playing in La liga). Just look at the likes of Bausquets especially in the CL and you'll see what I mean!
I think we should actually have more players that go to the ref. Puts the ref under pressure and could potentially sway his decision to your favor especially when the crowd is also on to him!

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Sounds like a priority for Emery.

Perfect chance to then find a young LB to bring through as #2.

Unai Emery says that Arsenal need to "find a new contract" for full-back Nacho Monreal.

The left-back who joined the Gunners from Malaga in 2013 has been linked with a move back to Spain, though Emery is keen to keep his compatriot.

"First, I knew Nacho Monreal in Spain when he was playing in Osasuna and in Malaga. After six years, I came here and I know him as a new Nacho Monreal," he said.

"I am very happy with him because he is 32 years old but I think physically, with his performances with us in matches, he is playing with a very good level.

"The rest of that, for me, is very important. I think we need to find a new contract with him to stay with the Arsenal team."

via BBC feed

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This is a behavior most Spanish players have (including other nationalities playing in La liga). Just look at the likes of Bausquets especially in the CL and you'll see what I mean!
I think we should actually have more players that go to the ref. Puts the ref under pressure and could potentially sway his decision to your favor especially when the crowd is also on to him!
Absolutely.

Go watch the season that Chelsea won. They literally pressure the ref into like 5 decisions that got them many points over the course o the season.

Absolutely.

Go watch the season that Chelsea won. They literally pressure the ref into like 5 decisions that got them many points over the course o the season.
In recent memory, we've been very poor pressuring the ref! Out of the top of my head, I remember that season when we played United and drew 1-1 if am not wrong; I think Walcott whipped in a point blank cross to Van Judas and just as he had rose to head it in, Vidic who was marking him tapped the ball with his hand! Only the snake went to the ref appealing the penalty, others just stood and watched, as if not giving a toss of what was happening.
I also remember us playing Barca some time back and they would whine until even opposition fans (including United, Chelsea, Pool fans who were always against us winning) would get pissed off at them and the ref for stopping play and dishing yellow cards to Arsenal. The slightest of tackling would get them wriggling on the ground as if someone had broken both of their legs! Kinda reminded me of that world cup advert!

I also recall Koscienly being head butted to the ground by that goon Diego Costa and I think only Diaby, if memory serves me right went to the ref! The goon went on to get only a yellow card for a red card offence, with Diaby also being carded I think!
I feel the boss ought to introduce this habit to our players, just like he is doing the same with pressing. As Tobias says, it could be the deference in getting a title or cup and top four in our case.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

We should have none such player it is a disgusting behaviour

If we do it we cant complain when others do it

Poor performance yet again

Does nothing

Last edited:

We should have none such player it is a disgusting behaviour

If we do it we cant complacent when others do it

Poor performance yet again

Does nothing
Sometimes good morals only **** you up! I'd wish we did it all day long it meant getting an additional point to the final tally

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I love me some Nacho! We live in a time where most teams want pure physicality and pace for their wingbacks, Nacho is of a dying breed of defenders that lean on their positioning, inteligence and ball control.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This guy is the ultimate professional footballer. Mr Consistent.

He’s sound at the back, gets forward at the right time, can cross a ball and has scored numerous goals to bail us out when we’ve desperately needed a boost.

Kola is not Nacho, that much was clear against Wolves.

This guy is the ultimate professional footballer. Mr Consistent.

He’s sound at the back, gets forward at the right time, can cross a ball and has scored numerous goals to bail us out when we’ve desperately needed a boost.

Kola is not Nacho, that much was clear against Wolves.
Kola has been pretty underwhelming for some time now! Even in the Liverpool game where he played somehow well (according to some) there were still moments when he looked like our weakest player! Yesterday in the Wolves match he was just extremely poor, couldn't make runs, couldn't give options, couldn't take players on , was caught out of position , couldn't cross etc. He was clearly our weakest player yesterday together with Xhaka.

We clearly need a good LFB in the summer or even winter if they are available. It is clear as day we cannot depend on Kola when Monreal gets his occasional injury. I hope Msilitant is looking!

ptrcopp

In recent memory, we've been very poor pressuring the ref! Out of the top of my head, I remember that season when we played United and drew 1-1 if am not wrong; I think Walcott whipped in a point blank cross to Van Judas and just as he had rose to head it in, Vidic who was marking him tapped the ball with his hand! Only the snake went to the ref appealing the penalty, others just stood and watched, as if not giving a toss of what was happening.
I also remember us playing Barca some time back and they would whine until even opposition fans (including United, Chelsea, Pool fans who were always against us winning) would get pissed off at them and the ref for stopping play and dishing yellow cards to Arsenal. The slightest of tackling would get them wriggling on the ground as if someone had broken both of their legs! Kinda reminded me of that world cup advert!

I also recall Koscienly being head butted to the ground by that goon Diego Costa and I think only Diaby, if memory serves me right went to the ref! The goon went on to get only a yellow card for a red card offence, with Diaby also being carded I think!
I feel the boss ought to introduce this habit to our players, just like he is doing the same with pressing. As Tobias says, it could be the deference in getting a title or cup and top four in our case.

I’d rather no-one did. I’d rather we had strong referees who when famous footballers shout in their face they just book them, like the rules say to do. Like when Oliver yellowed Di Maria twice in a minute. And also, don’t instantly give a free kick as soon as they whine. But it seems the past two weekends have shown referees are finding it difficult to referee within the rules of the game.

But if that’s not gonna happen, which it doesn’t look like ever will happen, then yes, I want us to be in the faces of the referee too.
Yesterday there could easily have had several of their midfield and attackers running scared on yellow cards if we had pressured the ref... or the referee had been refereeing in the laws of the game. And this is the thing that really annoys me because no one is ever carded for a deliberate ‘tactical’ or ‘clever’ foul it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom