• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Monreal: Nacho 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I don't actually know how good a LB he is, but I know that he scores goals and he's a good player for us. Is it possible to be an average LB but a good player? A bit like Marcos Alonso.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I don't actually know how good a LB he is, but I know that he scores goals and he's a good player for us. Is it possible to be an average LB but a good player? A bit like Marcos Alonso.
I get what you've saying and I would say yes.. Thing is, he is good enough to mask his deficiencies in the position.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Possibly the most underrated player around. Does at least a solid 7/10 job most weeks. He's the kind of player you only miss when he's not around.

How is he underrated?

You all sing his praise all the time

For what reason I dont know, it isnt his playing that is for sure

Fourth choice LB when everybody is healthy imo

Yeah he got a goal but he doesn't do anything defensivly,
Instead of doing the tackle, intercept or whatever he goes along until they are into someone elses zone regardless of if they are in a position to do it or not

Passes the responsibility

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Great offensively yesterday. Him and Bellerin were a bit gung ho but he steps up and never hides and just keeps going. Once the balance of the whole team is sorted, we will be better defendively. Love this guy abd wish he was younger.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Have to say, really impressed that he took an extra touch before smashing the ball in during all the mayhem in front of goal. Our Nacho was calm like an experienced striker.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Great offensively yesterday. Him and Bellerin were a bit gung ho but he steps up and never hides and just keeps going. Once the balance of the whole team is sorted, we will be better defendively. Love this guy abd wish he was younger.

But most often late in his runs so they dont matter

Worked out for him with the goal thou

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Because the rest of the league do not rate him..

This is you trying to buck the trend again, isn't it. We already have an unpopular opinion thread but maybe for you we should make a 'plain rubbish opinion' thread.

They dont rate him for a reason

thierrytheking14

How is he underrated?

You all sing his praise all the time

For what reason I dont know, it isnt his playing that is for sure

Fourth choice LB when everybody is healthy imo

Yeah he got a goal but he doesn't do anything defensivly,
Instead of doing the tackle, intercept or whatever he goes along until they are into someone elses zone regardless of if they are in a position to do it or not

Passes the responsibility
You need a similar moniker to @hydrofluoric acid :lol:

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Couldn't mark his man for both goals.

Shouldn't come as a surprise, he has been **** defensively for quite some time now and in his case it was obvious that the culprit wasn't Wenger's man-management. He simply has regressed physically and lacks timing or strength in a lot of his challenges or efforts to cover. Not to mention he has never been particularly great at defending while running backwards, which is something he needs to do a lot in this team.

Yet he is a very important asset when it comes to going forward and keeping possession: Great touch, very few misplaced passes or dispossessions, always picks up the simple option, tortures the opposing fullback by timing his overlaps perfectly, etc... Not to mention he steps his game up and often even scores when the entire team is struggling, top mentality. It's such a strange situation to be in when both your fullbacks are so important in anything but defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom