• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

New Stadium name by November?

Alexone234

Maybe we can have something cool like "The Armani Bowl" or "The Nike Stadium" instead of "The Exlax Ground" or "The Tampax stadium"

Arnie

You seem to have forgoten the home depot center.
You probably wanted to forget it!!

Arnie

The 0 2 Stadium would be a total disaster does ring such a good bell as one of our former sponcers, the jvc stadium has good sounding to it

JazzG

Established Member
I hope it isn't something really stupid, other fans will taunt us forever if it is :(

thegreatbriton

Have you seen the ones from the gooner ?

A potential tie in with 02, British Airways and renault could leave us with the : "02 BA La Guna Stadium !!"

Or a tie in with the Woolwich Building Stadium could leave : "The Woolwich Arsenal Stadium"

DOls

Jinn said:
This article suggests we may have a naming sponsor by November.
This guy is an expert - he's got such names as the 'Staples Center', 'Nashville’s Gaylord Entertainment Center' and 'Heinz Field' to his credit.

Hmmm....

Well, I've been to "Heinz Field" in Pittsburgh and the name definitely fits the place. I think the Heinz ketchup is made in Pennsylvania if not in Pittsbugh itself. And the Heinz company paid for the naming rights for 20 years.
So maybe it isn't a bad thing that these people naming our stadium.

Spike

Established Member
He named a stadium "Nashville’s Gaylord Entertainment Center"? Rofl.

We do have the power to decline an offer don't we?

calvinngai88

The Arsenal board has no right to decline the name since they had given the naming rights to Envision company to take full control of, the bidder for the name will have the final say. And there's $$ to be taken in don't forget. Staples Centre naming rights were sold for USD$116M so, Ashburton Grove may get at least 200m?? I don't think any of our current sponsors are going to name the stadium. Especially Granada, or 02. The Nike Stadium, this name was supposedly for Leeds Elland Road, somehow other, the name was scraped off. We'll just have to wait and see. Usually, the name will be the same as the company, just like Heinz. I would be pleased if it could be named Arsène's Arsenal Stadium? or Arsène's Stadium? Whatever the name of the stadium is, it's still the same Arsenal team we'll be watching. :D

Gooner_Milton

Of our current sponsers, Nike is the only one with the financial muscle to fork out the cash.

Won't be surprised if the team starts the 2006 season at Nike Stadium, I certainly wouldn't mind.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom