• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

New Stadium name by November?

DOls

beanz said:
Hey, we could call the stadium ARSEburton grove! (groan) alright, maybe that was one ARSE too far :p

You are funny and I love that idea! :clap

ARSEburton Grove sounds great! :thumbup

shaz

oh yeah, and id love for it to be somethin related to an arsenal of some sort.

like my old suggest

The Gunnery
The Armoury

you get the idea.

i still think ashburton grove is the best tho, like my fellow gooners.

ps. imagine if it were a big banking corp. we might get something like

The Natwest Arsenal Stadium (woolwich arsenal geddit?)

ah, it was lame... :roll:

beanz

We can take this a step farther and get sponsors for each stand.
One could be the "Fullers London Pride" (a local beer) stand, for all the traditional gooners and obviously giving free samples away during half time.
Next is "The Pepsi" stand, for the teetotal caffeine junkys, then we can have the latin quarter "Bacardi" stand for the fun lovers (get the Mexican wave started here), and finally the "Tunes Throat Pastille" stand for those like me, who end up with a sore throat from shouting so much :mrgreen:

calvinngai88

There ARE stands to be named by sponsors, besides the name of the stadium. Since the meaning of Arsenal in the dictionary is weaponry, and cannon is Arsenal's main symbol, maybe Grand Cannon for the name of the stadium? Then, taking the example of Heinz field, 2 cannon statues, in between there'll be Wenger's head and Herbert Chapman's head, the 2 cannons facing out though, not straight at their heads of course! :D

DOls

beanz said:
and finally the "Tunes Throat Pastille" stand for those like me, who end up with a sore throat from shouting so much :mrgreen:

That's my section too.
I always leave Highbury with scratchy voice. :clap

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom