• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Newcastle United: Bandro Tonali

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
i like the fact Howe has had a break to reassess everything & have a mental rest at this stage of his career... maybe he can come back better

it must also be a help knowing two key Newcastle players really well + maybe even Fraser if the relationship ok

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
howe got ability to keep them up but if he f**ked up they are getting relegated even if they bought well in January

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

howe got ability to keep them up but if he f**ked up they are getting relegated even if they bought well in January

If they get relegated it goes from a 5-7 year CL project to a 10 plus years one. The advantage they have with FFP will be gone as they’ll have to load up on lower quality players just to get out the division again.

This is such a big gamble and I don’t think Howe moves the needle much. Arsenal are lucky this didn’t go through sooner.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
If they get relegated it goes from a 5-7 year CL project to a 10 plus years one. The advantage they have with FFP will be gone as they’ll have to load up on lower quality players just to get out the division again.

This is such a big gamble and I don’t think Howe moves the needle much. Arsenal are lucky this didn’t go through sooner.
i think the big ambition project will need some time they can spend alot of money but so does US Manutd Chelsea City and Liverpool hell even Aston Villa spent 350M the day they got promoted 3 years ago it won't be straight to top 4 not all top players going to go there too. as i said Newcastle need DOF and a good one first.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

i think the big ambition project will need some time they can spend alot of money but so does US Manutd Chelsea City and Liverpool hell even Aston Villa spent 350M the day they got promoted 3 years ago it won't be straight to top 4 not all top players going to go there too. as i said Newcastle need DOF and a good one first.

Everton have really rich backers but they wasted a lot of money and are f*cked by FFP now.

Same thing with Newcastle if they don’t spend right. They need a top class DoF because they have to spend well.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Everton have really rich backers but they wasted a lot of money and are f*cked by FFP now.

Same thing with Newcastle if they don’t spend right. They need a top class DoF because they have to spend well.
have feeling Newcastle might go for Edwards he leaving Liverpool this summer. not sure Overmars going there he waiting for us or Barca. Campos doesn't suit them if they not interested investing on youth gems.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

have feeling Newcastle might go for Edwards he leaving Liverpool this summer. not sure Overmars going there he waiting for us or Barca. Campos doesn't suit them if they not interested investing on youth gems.

Paul Mitchell is another top DoF.

Turned Monaco into a very well ran club and has big club experience with Sp*rs.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
The richest club in the world (on paper) and they go for Eddie Howe as manager... It doesn't exactly scream ambition. Clear step down from Emery and even Fonseca imo.

Would Michael Edwards, Campos or Paul Mitchell go there when they could choose almost any club in the world? Maybe they would but it's a big gamble. Arsenal should be in for one of those names really.

Newcastle are going to have a hell of a fight just staying in the division, their squad is rancid, they might just about scrape 16th/17th with a big winter investment though.

Arsenteta

Strange decision to bring in a manager before a director of football for an ownership with no real knowledge about running a football team. Might be proven wrong but this appointment seems under whelming considering all the ground work needed to drag Newcastle out of the dark ages. Howe might not have enough pull to bring in the type of players Newcastle need even in the short term.

Throwing money at it wont really work unless its at the right people.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Strange decision to bring in a manager before a director of football for an ownership with no real knowledge about running a football team. Might be proven wrong but this appointment seems under whelming considering all the ground work needed to drag Newcastle out of the dark ages. Howe might not have enough pull to bring in the type of players Newcastle need even in the short term.

Throwing money at it wont really work unless its at the right people.
Totally, you get the structure in from the top down surely, that way the DoF can recruit the manager and so on. It's a recipe for friction and a short term appointment. It might be that they are genuinely seeing this as a possible 6 month move to prevent relegation

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Howe wont be there next season imo, saying that though the manager pool atm is pretty sh1t!!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Totally, you get the structure in from the top down surely, that way the DoF can recruit the manager and so on. It's a recipe for friction and a short term appointment. It might be that they are genuinely seeing this as a possible 6 month move to prevent relegation
Well, one thing is clear. It isn't like they have a ton of time to right this ship before it's relegation time.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Their forum is kind of funny now. They felt so much excitement for Emery but now he isnt particularly good while Howe actually is some kind of genius, basically the english Julian Nagelsmann. And the king of Saudi Arabia, their owner, cant make any mistakes. What a delusional bunch.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Incredibly underwhelming tbh. He'll just about keep them up probably. Might get them mid-table next year but I doubt he'll be there much longer than that.
Pretty rare for a lower manager to get a chance at a rich club. Moyes one of the few. His stats for a year in charge were no worse than the Mourinho and LVG, but they cut him off at knees before he had a chance to settle in.

So this is Howe’s way into the big time via the starting gate. Not sure he’s up to it. But if can hang in until the money bites, it’s a hell of an opportunity for him.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom