• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Newcastle United: Bandro Tonali

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
So almost half the season over, after playing 1000+ minutes willock doesn't have a single goal or assist. Yeah Newcastle are **** but still...

People here wanted him to start for us and were abusing Mikel. Need a massive apology.

Don't get me wrong. I always want arsenal academy players to do well. Even when I see Hayden or anyone else in their games, I want them to keep doing well and keep cheering them. But it was clear willock won't be a starting 11 player for a top 6 club.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

So almost half the season over, after playing 1000+ minutes willock doesn't have a single goal or assist. Yeah Newcastle are **** but still...

People here wanted him to start for us and were abusing Mikel. Need a massive apology.

Don't get me wrong. I always want arsenal academy players to do well. Even when I see Hayden or anyone else in their games, I want them to keep doing well and keep cheering them. But it was clear willock won't be a starting 11 player for a top 6 club.

Maybe not starting but a perfectly fine back-up. He is better than Lokonga for example but you already know that. I find Artetas treatment of some of our Hale Enders disgraceful overall.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Think many realised whilst he would have been useful to have, if Arteta was never going to use him we were better off selling.

Martinelli also showed us you can't count out these young guys also.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
He's played a lot further away from the box this season with Newcastle and tbf not many of our younger players would make much of a difference in that team side either. Really poor team.

I think goals from midfield is something we sorely lacked and Willock could've gone some way to helping with that, his little cameo in his last game for us pre-season with Chelsea was something I thought we would've seen from him this season had he stayed. Thankfully we've plugged that lack of goals with ESR and recently Ødegaard.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Think many realised whilst he would have been useful to have, if Arteta was never going to use him we were better off selling.

Martinelli and willock are not comparable situations based on what they have shown when they played for us... Martinelli was rocking right from the start till his injury. Willock never showed those levels for us. Had a very good run on loan for Newcastle though.

Better comparison would be willock and Reiss. Both not really doing well with their step up to senior football but were great in u23s.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Martinelli and willock are not comparable situations based on what they have shown when they played for us... Martinelli was rocking right from the start till his injury. Willock never showed those levels for us. Had a very good run on loan for Newcastle though.

Better comparison would be willock and Reiss. Both not really doing well with their step up to senior football but were great in u23s.
Willock never got a run in the league for Arsenal under Arteta, he was used off the bench out of position. Think he started once or twice max without looking it up, Martinelli has started for Arteta and looked bad also.

Regardless of how you want to take it, Willock performed in the league for a brief stint which Martinelli is yet to match (but easily could). They are literally the same age and with all of the above in consideration, it was a fair enough comparison showing that you can't write either of them off.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

Exactly, it's too early to count Willock's career out based on half a season in a disfunctional Newcastle side. Still think he develops into a very good goal scoring midfielder.

I'll concede that the club made the right decision selling though - ESR's goal scoring form in particular makes it hard to keep Willock - he's just an all round better player. Joe was never going to displace Saka on the right side either.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Exactly, it's too early to count Willock's career out based on half a season in a disfunctional Newcastle side. Still think he develops into a very good goal scoring midfielder.

I'll concede that the club made the right decision selling though - ESR's goal scoring form in particular makes it hard to keep Willock - he's just an all round better player. Joe was never going to displace Saka on the right side either.
S'all I was saying man.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Anyone who leaves Atletico Madrid or any other top clubs for Championship bound Newcastle however much cash is on offer need their heads examining.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom