• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Guys like Sarr, Ziyech were much cheaper. Could’ve signed an attacker and spent the rest of the money on a CB or CM and we wouldn’t have finished 8th.

But it’s easy to look back in hindsight I guess.

Easier than looking forwards in hindsight I'd imagine.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
We love to demand the club spends money, but when they do, we often complain that they should have spent it better. Hindsight’s always 20/20 and think that conversation has little value. The truth is you’re not always going to get transfer right - whether they’re 5M or 100M. It’s important to take a punt on a player every now and then who could take you up a level, and Pepe is exactly that.

All that said, don’t think he’s nearly as bad as some suggest. Think he had a decent debut campaign, and it’s clear that he’s got the tools to do even better.

Yeah he had a slow start to the season but looked pretty decent in patches. I think you have the right to expect more from your record signing in his second year, and I really expect him to get top 20 numbers in the league for combined goals and assists if played regularly.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't see it myself. RvP had quite a weird way of moving but everything he did was deliberate. With Pepe, I get a sense of hit and hope in his mentality. It's all intuition and zero finesse.

RvP’s problem as a youngster was only really discipline and fitness. If he was kicked he’d kick back. You knew if he could channel his aggression though he’d do some serious damage on the pitch. Pepe doesn’t even have any aggression to work with, he’ll just hit the floor.

He could be so much more effective if he paid as much attention to his off the ball game as he did to his stepovers.

Last edited:

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
RvP’s problem as a youngster was only really discipline and fitness. If he was kicked he’d kick back. You knew if he could channel his aggression though he’d do some serious damage on the pitch. Pepe doesn’t even have any aggression to work with, he’ll just hit the floor.

He could be so much more effective if he paid as much attention to his off the ball game as he did to his stepovers.

Step overs get the ladies way more than off the ball crap does.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Just about zero in common in my eyes. Care to elaborate your case?

Both tall, gangly and immensely skilful left-footed players. RvP also started on the wing, and there's a thought that Pepe could move more centrally further down the line. I'd say there's a lot in common there. However, as I said, there was a seriousness about RvP that Pepe doesn't seem to have. His own father said upon signing for us that he needed to get more serious.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

Pepe strikes me as a fitter Walcott with decent numbers. If he hasn't stepped up massively by Christmas, we have to plan to move him on. He's not someone you wait ages for.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Start him against Sheffield so he can get into the season properly, Willian has been decent but it is time to give Nico the confidence.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
When you get the chance you have to take it. Pepe couldn't even take a decent corner today. Very poor!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can see why Arteta not playing him. He not taking things seriously this season should be where he kick on but not good enough

Gooner_girl14

I was fairly confident he was going to kick on this season but it doesn't look like it so far. He was a nothing player when he came on. Starting to think he's one of those precious confidence players who needs coddling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom